Impurity

"Alexx Napier-Feeling Loved"

"Stayed up late tonight talking to someone and I can't stop smiling :)"

What was this? She thought to herself, she felt a burning in her chest, she knew it wasn't her, but why would Emily avoid her? Zoey continued to scroll through her posts. Things about how she's in love all over again, things about her new "soulmate." And now Zoey was about to lose her mind, she blinked back her tears, fought her rage and went to her messages. Her latest message from a girl she told Zoey not to worry about.

"Just a friend." She told me gently, pulling away from the hug with the other girl. I walked away, she shouted for me to come back, but I ignored her calls. "I have to go," I said sternly, brushing past her.

The messages seemed to end with love and little emoji hearts. All the things she swore she'd never say to anyone but Zoey . And that's when she realized she had lost her. She messaged her friends, they couldn't get ahold of her, except for her ex.

-Hey what happened between you two?

We broke up a long time ago

-That's not what she said

I have a lot going for me, I broke up with her after we signed the contract.

A month back, they had been forced at their hands to sign a no contact contract, she made Zoey stage a breakup with her, and she swore it was fake. She'd stay up crying. But she promised.

Zoey gazed down at her phone, the screenshots he sent her, she looked outside of the car window, at the trees, the rain pattering down. Her eyes flooded with tears, her mind flooded with emotions. And now she was gone.

She began changing, seeing new people, going places, getting around and enjoying the single life for a while. She...well she was no longer a she.

She changed her clothes changed her name and changed her pronouns from she to he. She felt all her bottled up emotions fade away, her sadness falter as she looked in the mirror and saw a man.

Tyler. He whispered to himself, pushing his hips forward and laughing. He shook his head. Dylan. He smiled at this name, this was who he was.