Dal unpinned his long hair from beneath his beanie, out tumbled a mess of auburn hair loosely tied into a ponytail. This would be his last holiday ever that he had to be burdened by long hair. He covered his face in makeup, made sure that his costume looked great, a crossover between the common nineties cartoon form of Harley Quinn and the Suicide squad version, which he knew would be overly common this year. His hair went into pigtails and he plastered on a smile, making the best of what he had. He handed out candy and ate junk like any teenager on halloween would.

The next day was a blur, he carried himself through dance and art sleepily, he began to wake up in math, where 'dollface' Daniella was yet again talking about her boy problems, only recently had she posted a photo of a man's chest with her name tattooed across it, her middle finger an obvious addition to the image. Dyl piped in about his issues, Danielle gave great feedback. Just as he always seemed to need to, Peter piped in with a painful and useless insult that made only himself laugh. "That's not fuckin funny Pita." Daniella shot, giving him a look of absolute despise. Danielle and Dyl had become somewhat close, close enough to protect each other no matter what. Daniella would do anything for her friends, she was known to bandage her false nails and leave the classroom, untouched my pain or penalty while whoever's ass she had kicked was nowhere to ever be found. She had made many friends, few enemies, but her life was cut short.

"Daniella is in the hospital in critical condition." Dian stated, nearly in tears, her eyes already puffed up from a previous session of rainfall. Dyl questioned her about the reality of the information, "Her brother Daniel, he's in a wheelchair with a broken leg." His leg which had happened to be crushed during the car crash. Dyl was absolutely confused, why was she in the hospital? What exactly happened? 

They were on their way to an uncle's house, from Apple Valley to Huntington Beach, they packed up and left, to celebrate a happy holiday. Daniella enjoyed the middle seat, leaning over to immerse herself in the front seat conversations, this time it was her sister in the driver's seat and her mother in the passenger seat. A truck had darted in front a bit too late and Daniella's sister was preoccupied with something besides the road, when she had refocused on the road she had hardly missed the stop sign. As she slammed on what she had thought was the brake she accelerated the car just past the truck and into a light pole. Daniella's unharnessed body was flung through the windshield and began hemorrhaging. Her sister, her mother, her brother, all passengers in the car survived, but, not her. Upon arrival to the hospital she was slipped into a medically induced coma and the bleeding was unable to be stopped. As unfortunate as the event was, it was his time to shine. He comforted everyone who would accept it, he downloaded images and video clips of the deceased girl and made a remembrance video. Put to the tune of It Ain't Me by Kygo and Selena Gomez, he distributed the singular flash drive across campus. Rather, he tried to.

The flash drive was slid back to him in literature, where he watched the two girls beside him plug the drive into the computer's external port and double tap the video to only watch a few moments before disconnecting and sliding it back to Dyl. He frowned, his attempt had failed. Failed until a staff member told him that the video teacher was on the search for anything to do with her. He dropped off the flash drive and left, hoping he had done some good and hadn't wasted any time.