End Prize

She jogged to the front of the library and waited for Dakota to come, Emily ran up beside her and sat her stuff down on a cement and brick wall outside of the large building.

Dakota emerged from his classroom in the Technology building and came over to the two girls. Zoey smiled big, "hey Dakota!" she exclaimed and attempted to hold his hand, Emily watched intently. Dakota pulled his hand away and her smile was immediately wiped away, "So how is this going to work?" Zoey asked him, standing on her toes, leaning towards his face menacingly. Emily sat still, remaining a silent advocate. Dakota rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "well, I don't know, I was leaving that up to you."

"You want to obey your mother don't you?" she asked him irritably.

"Yea, I kind of have to," he said.

Zoey took a step backward and gave a sideways stare to Emily, she stood up and came to Zoey 's side, she glared at Dakota for a split moment. "Fine." She said coldly, she slowly slid her hand down the length of Emily's arm and grasped her hand as she walked away, happy she finally had gotten the next best to what she wanted without a single fib. This was going to be a relationship built on trust, the two were hoping to be meant to be.

It was a cold, brisk morning, as it was still winter, February 9th. Zoey adjusted her shirt to fit properly over her chest, she zipped her jacket and walked quickly to the front of the technology building, she saw her beautiful girlfriend, her Poison, Emily. Her long blonde hair tied back into a low ponytail, she wore a royal blue sweater with the school softball team's name and logo Lady Knights. Because she was a middle schooler, it was the junior varsity team, but it amazed her that she could get in, that she made the team, she had gone to a game of hers with Dakota, she was a great player. So taken by her thoughts she didn't see Emily run to her, she only saw her materialize in front of her. "Hey baby," Zoey said, utterly astounded that she could call her such a thing now. Dakota stared at her from the front of the building, a cold, harsh, heart-wrenching stare that made her blood run like ice in her veins. She and Dakota remained friends just the same after what he had done, chosen. She looked down, she realized she was walking toward him, she realized that Emily and she had their hands interlocked, she smiled.