Bathroom Talk

"Are you two for real?" girls kept asking them, yes they were, but what was the big idea?

"Called it," said Dian from the teacher's seat, engrossed in her phone, probably scrolling through Facebook for the umpteenth time that day. Emily walked over and hugged Zoey . "I love you," she whispered in her ear. She could get used to this. Every day they went into the Library bathroom to talk.

For doing this 3 consecutive days at the same time they were caught and called into the Deans' office. Emily went home and she didn't expect to see her ever again. She went home, She went home and spent hours on her bedroom floor crying again, unable to feel better, she scoured her room for a blade, but they did not appear, eventually she had given up the search and fell asleep. An empty dream, so empty because she wasn't in it, she's not coming back, it's over.

Monday came and she was still defeated, she was unsure if Emily would be coming back. She sat in the A-building waiting to see Dian yet instead saw Emily walk in, she looked at Zoey and walked over to the elevator right next to her. She quickly got up and headed straight for the gym, she looked back and saw Emily behind her pushing through a mass of people. She ran up the stairs and she quickly felt a pull on her arm, It was Emily. She gave her a hug and kissed her, she calmed her down and Zoey started crying. The bell rang and they went their separate ways to class. They talked to each other the whole day and saw each other in dance. As Emily walked in she ran up to hug her. The instructor came over and spoke, "a parent might be coming today and it's your dad Emily so you guys be careful please." Emily point blank had told her to just keep her distance, she sat down, unable to function mentally or physically. Zoey sat out of class and stared at her, feeling it was the end, in her head thinking, I'm going to miss this, her smile, her body, her hair, her voice, laugh. I'm going to lose all of it forever. When ten minutes were left in the period she walked over to her. " Zoey, he isn't coming." She held out her hand to her and helped her up off of the floor. She hugged Zoey close, she could hear her heart, racing from the exercise done during the period. Her body was warm and she was sweaty, for some reason she looked just as beautiful, or maybe even more-so. She rested her head on Emily's shoulder and began to get ahold of her emotions. "Are you okay...babe?" she asked her. Emily leaned in and pecked her lips gently, "I am now Emily," she said with a weak smile and red face. She kissed the top of her head, and then her lips again and walked to the other side of the classroom with her belongings in case her father made a last chance appearance. Zoey looked at her behind as she walked away and then gazed down at her feet, her face burned red hot. She hugged Emily on her way out, kissed her lips once more and they departed from the classroom. Knowing that the classroom was a sanctuary where they could be together risk-free.