Missing

A week had past and Emily wasn't in dance anymore it was completely different. Zoey didn't like it, some days she couldn't participate just because she missed her. Someone can only take so much. Day after day in dance she'd sit, bored and alone, she was just sort of drifting off into the abstract, wishing Emily would come back.

Wednesday Emily pretended she needed to get something out of the dance room, Zoey stepped in and dropped her things to the floor like she always did. She looked up and saw Emily walk towards her,smiling. Her eyes lit up and she ran to her, she hugged her tight and kissed her cheek. "What are you doing in here?" she asked her, so happy to see her again. "Well I had to make up some excuse to see you!" The class fell silent and watched the two girls kiss, not uttering a word because, honestly, they envied this strong couple. It was a bit embarrassing but Zoey loved being able to taste her again. The second bell rang, they kissed again, hugged, and she left the classroom to head to P.E. That day made her feel better, but it also made her imagination run wild, it was even worse when Dian spoke up, "I'm going to laugh when you two break up and you end up back where you started and where you belong." She went through the rest of class fighting tears. Emily dropped by the area to meet her ex and Zoey's "brother." She saw her face as she walked past her, a single tear rolled down her face. Emily shoved past him and ran past Zoey , "meet me in the C building bathroom NOW." she demanded as she speed walked past her. "But-I'm fine," She said back. "You're not, meet me in there and you can't tell me no right now."

She walked into the bathroom and she stood in a corner, she told her what happened, what Dian told her. Emily hugged her close and assured her that she wouldn't break up with her, where she belonged was with her, not single. Zoey kissed her once, twice. People in the bathroom stared at them. A friend of Zoey 's walked out of the stall, she told her all about Emily, all the time. "Oh!" she said mischievously as she walked out the door. She smiled back at her and waited for the bathroom to clear out a little more. They kissed more, more passionately, their hands searched each other. When they pulled away she cleared her throat, "I-I have to go babe, I love you." "Mh," Zoey nodded, "sorry Emily." she said looking at the floor. "Don't be," Emily said as she stole a goodbye kiss from her lips, she stole it back and with that she left the bathroom. Zoey slunked down to the floor, still feeling unwhole, waiting for some time to pass before she left so the librarian wouldn't think anything of it.

Days and months passed. Zoey didn't see her much anymore, she didn't talk to her online much. She had made a fake facebook under the name Alexx Napier and if Zoey was lucky she was online.

It was fall break now, and Zoey was vacationing in Oregon for the two weeks they had off. The entire first week she wasn't online, Zoey still sent her messages, figuring she'd see them when she logged in again. Tuesday of the following week came around and someone had messaged her, asking what was going on between Emily and her, and she didn't think anything of it. She didn't want to believe what her friend had told her. She grabbed her clothes and ran for the bathroom. She sat on the edge of the tub, logging into Emily's facebook, knowing that if she had something to hide she could find it by logging in. Her first stop was Emily's notifications, nothing out of the norm. She checked her wall.