Reborn

He messaged Summer, He wanted to meet up with her again. The plans had kept falling through, to see each other the past few months. They arranged a day, and he was there, so was she.

It seemed like the world stopped revolving, time just slowed down. Summer turned to face Dyl. Her red hair was so bright, her eyes so full of beauty. She captivated him, his heart skipped a beat as she spoke, it was like he was brought from the dead. It was like he had been wandering around, blind and alone, homeless for years. It was like his world was brightened, he had regained sight, he was home. She was so beautiful, so small. Her hair was so long, she was always the one he dreamed about. Never had it been anyone else. They talked and talked, they clicked, not as if there was any doubt. So what she smoked so what she had a past as if we all did. She made him feel tall, and like a man, she made him laugh and there wasn't a single thing they couldn't relate to. He looked in her eyes, he saw all he wanted and dreamed of, right in front of him.

He had gotten home, and texted her, his feelings. She said in due time that maybe she'd grow her feelings back too. His heart sank.

He knew this trick, he used this trick. Tell them something they want to hear, they'll think they have half a chance.

This wasn't the case this time. He hopped on the bus, ready to hang out with her again, to see her pretty face. They sure had been saying a lot of kind flirty things back and forth. They hugged and talked, like friends. Dyl tried to keep it casual, with every moment they walked, she spoke, she danced. He wanted to hold her, kiss her, play with her long red hair. His drive was so strong it was almost impossible to ignore. Music was playing through the speakers of his phone. She danced around, "hey Summer." He said blushing, his heart racing. She hummed, she was so precious, he hugged her and she commented on his speeding heart. "I want to kiss you so bad." He said quielty and shyly. She had stated that she wouldn't mind. She kept calling him hot, he was a 10/10 for her. She was giving every sign of interest. They stood by the sliding glass door of the backyard garage. Dyl poked her sides, she was ticklish! He backed her into a corner and tickled her, she flailed and laughed hysterically as she shrank to the floor and curled into a ball, what she called 'armadillo-ing'. She got back up and Dyl 's heart picked up again. An afternoon April ninth twenty-eighteen, he brushed her hair out of her face gently and pressed his lips ever so softly onto hers. There was a sensation he missed, he loved. A sensation he never had with anyone else, she looked up at him, her face was so angelic. Dylan smiled idiotically and threw up his arms quickly before dropping them. "It happened didn't it?" "I think it did," she replied nodding and smiling. They chatted, they kissed, he pushed her up against the wall and kissed her neck. He had such a drive and he wanted her like no other, not even in an entirely sexual way. He wanted to caress her soft skin, kiss her softly and love her kindly. 

He climbed onto the bus and waved goodbye, such a sad thing to do. He took three busses and over two hours to get home, he walked into the door and went straight to his room to gather his things to shower. He washed himself and took his clothes to the garage to be cleaned. His grandmother was convinced, judging by the smile of his face, that he had been laid. He hadn't been, but he was so unbelievably happy. He couldn't say just yet that him and her were together again. Summer and his parents needed a reintroduction. She wasn't the same but they had their doubts.