Mercy

On Saturday, Dakota's' overprotective mother told Zoey's mother that the two were over, that the relationship was done; all over the fact she had found out her seventeen year old boy had been given head by his fifteen year old girlfriend.

She has spent six months fighting for this boy to be with her because she felt it was what was right. She couldn't hold herself back, she pushed past him, into the building, she went straight for Emily, who was standing across from Dian. Zoey put her head on Emily's shoulder, sobbing, and Emily hugged her close. Dian whispered, "seriously?" and she began to rise from her seat to get to her, "Go to Dian ." Emily whispered into her ear, Zoey lifted her head and walked to Dian,she hugged her, as she separated she saw Dakota standing there, she pushed past a sea of people and ran out of the door, onto the cement outside, she sat on the curb weeping, feeling utterly hopeless. Emily ran out of the door and looked about for Zoey , once her eyes set on her, she ran to Zoey and held her.

"I have to go," Zoey said, she put her hood on, grabbed her things, looked back down at Emily and thanked her.

She ran to the gymnasium, upstairs to her classroom. In front of her sat a tape dispenser, the sharp metal blade called her name. She ran her thumb along its sharp edge until glistening blood spilled from the tip of it. She felt no pain, just the pressure she applied. Dian walked in and at the door "what the fuck are you doing?" she said as she ran to her and took the sharp items away. The blood dripped, Zoey stared and laughed, laughed as the blood rolled down her hand, down her wrists.

During the morning she spoke to Emily online to keep herself from ripping more skin, from crying. About five minutes into her third period, her moods switched drastically, she didn't hurt anymore, she was livid, she wanted to see her fist in his face, blood oozing from his torn flesh, his nose broken. She wanted him on the ground, begging for mercy.