Food!

They didn't see each other again until Saturday. Summer was dressed in a beautiful pin up style dress covered in black and white flowers, scorpions, spiders and flies. The dress was an off white color and fit her absolutely perfectly. She had her long hair clipped to one side and had smokey eyeshadow.

The two went to his sister's soccer games and traveled down the hill for a family friends party. Summer's anxiety hit as they stepped into the community building, the party was out back. The party was small and laid back, however because she didn't know anybody she became anxious and clung to Dylan in fear. Dylan's sisters were the only small children there and just around the bend was a small park. Summer and Dylan accompanied the young girls at the park until dinner was served. A basic barbeque with all beef hot dogs and angus hamburgers. The two of them had problems being able to eat any form of meat, red meats being the most painful to the stomach. Summer stood around, contemplating eating while Dylan grabbed a hot dog, knowing whether he ate or not his stomach would hurt, one would be hunger pains and the other would be indigestion. "You gonna eat?" Dylan's mother asked Summer. She had a solemn look on her face as she gave herself a small helping of potato salad. He ate his hot dog and she ate her salad. They ate in silence as she had stated before that certain things made it more difficult for her to eat. They finished around the same time but Summers gaze kept faltering. He knew she had been anxious over the small congregation of folks she'd never met however it seemed as if more had piled on.

"What's wrong?" He asked, nudging her. She looked at him, pain in her eyes, emotional pain as she shook her head, as if to say 'nothing'. "Something." He urged, trying to get her to open up. All she had had today was two cups of coffee, some water, a California Cooler from juice it up, an Honest Kids fruit punch pouch drink and that small helping of potato salad.

"I'm arguing with myself over whether or not i should eat a burger." She responded, looking so upset with herself. He suggested that she get one, which, she did, A toasted bun with melted cheese on the patty, she sat down and prepared to eat reluctantly. "No condiments?" Dylan asked her, curious why anyone would want to eat a burger so dryly. She made a comment about too many calories and Dylan was astounded. "Too many calories? You've hardly eaten at all love." He replied, shocked but gently. She shrugged and took small bites of her burger, putting the small sandwich down on her plate between every bite. Dylan sat there, waiting for his mate to continue the task of eating while he munched on the barbeque chips that sat beside him on the table in a big red plastic bowl. "Ew." He replied as he spotted insects dancing on a piece of chip. Summer and his mother turned around. "They were doing the do on my food." He responded in disgust. They cracked a smile. "What? I don't want bugs fornicating on MY food." He stated, putting the chip on the table. "Coitus chip." He mumbled, Summer giggled as she took another bite of food and sat it down. She had eaten about half but based on how she had taken her bite and sit back, it looked as if she were full.

They took his sisters back to the park and he and her played around for a bit. They danced around the soft rubber flooring and set all their items down on the flat center of a nearby seesaw. They did cartwheels and Summer attempted to do a handstand, she fell though. For a moment she looked shocked and the two began to laugh.