Colorful

They weren't able to lay there long and her mother was kind enough to drive him home so he was able to stay longer. When he had gotten home, two build-a-bear unicorns and his grandparents were home from a short San Francisco trip. They had the plushies for his siblings, a plethora of treats and some seriously prideful things for Dylan. Two packages of rainbow fortune cookies, a tye dye rainbow shirt with a VW bus on the front and a colorful hat. His grandmother offered him a soft baked ginger cookie, he popped it into his mouth and shortly after, his parents walked in the door, home from soccer practice. The girls were excited to see their new toys and Dylan's parents tuned in to the stories they had to share about San Francisco. Including the short plane ride, their dinner dates and all the openly queer couples and people.

He layed in her embrace again, it inched closer to the end of the year now, it was mere days away before he'd be done with high school forever. She laid against Dylan's chest, her collar jingled, a gift from him for her birthday. An aquamarine colored collar with golden accents and her name engraved on one side, his name and number on the other. He placed two fingers underneath the band and pulled her nude body against his skin, taking in her love and kissing her softly. He was ready to begin saying goodnight instead of goodbye. It was coming closer, it was almost time. He could almost see himself walking the stage, picking up that diploma and getting the hell out of dodge city. He could feel the sweet caress and almost hear her soft breathing in his ear as she slept next to him every night. He was so excited, she was excited, but he was also nervous. He'd be an adult soon, and that was enough said in itself. He'd be getting a job, going to college more often, now it was time for the education that actually mattered and that was a pretty scary thought.