14. Rise Of Bangtang

I came home raging. How could this happen!? They fired me! Their best employee. Why ? And why did the boss say ' if you didn't want to get fired, you shouldn't have taken another job?'. It doesn't make sense. It's been 2 weeks since my mom handed me those letters. I even lost the BigHit one. How can I call them if I lost the letter? Why did they fire a week after I started to go back to work?

I went to my mom's apartment because I needed to vent to someone. I opened the door and I saw my mom putting her stuff in boxes. What is she doing? Is she moving?

" Mom, what are you doing?" I asked concerned.

" Oh, honey you're home early. I'm just packing some stuff before we leave. You should start packing too." She said while still putting stuff in boxes.

" Leave ??? What do you mean leave? Where are we going?" I asked more confused.

" To Korea. Your new jobs awaits you. Didn't you get fired today? We're leaving tomorrow." She said.

My eyes widened. What was she talking about? How did she know I got fired.

" Mom, what are you talking about? How did you know that I got fired?" I asked her.

She stood up and sat down at the kitchen table and signed me to go sit down so I did.

" That day I gave you the letters, you fell asleep and I read it. I'm sorry if you don't like it. But when I read it, I realized that this is an opportunity of a lifetime. You can't just throw this away. So I called the company." She said. I couldn't believe her words. " I arranged everything. Tomorrow we leave for Korea. Our situation will be like here. We'll live in the same apartment building, just a few floors apart. The company even got me a job at the convenience store in front of our apartment building." She continued

" Wait so you are coming with me? And this company just did that? It's BigHit right?" I asked her.

" Yes, BigHit and yes I'm coming with you. Rachel, I would never leave you. I know you didn't want to take this job because of me. But even if you would have taken the job on your own, I would have followed you all the way to Korea. And now that I have a full-time job. You don't need to pay my rent anymore." She said to me.

" Moooooom." I looked at her and nearly started crying. I did pay her rent, she couldn't finish college and only had halftime jobs here and there they. Those jobs paid for my college tuition and for the food on my plate. So when she wanted to live apart I paid her rent so she can live peacefully.

" But still mom, what about you. How can you just leave New York like this." I asked.

" Honey, those halftime jobs aren't going to keep me here. And you know how social your mom is. I can make friends anywhere." She said to me while smiling.

" But still, I don't know this group I'm going to guide. What if they are total spoiled asses. What if they don't like me. What if- "

" Rachel! Did I raise you to be such a scare baby? Take the leap. Go for it and show them who's boss." My mom cut me off.

I looked at her. I still couldn't believe she would do this for me. " Mom, mom you are the best. " I said with a soft voice and started crying.

She stood up and we hugged each other tightly.

" Now go ahead and pack your stuff, take just some clothes with you. After we leave I'm staying a few days and then I'm going back to pack your stuff to take with me." She said.

" Well, you could have said it earlier that we would leave." I said to her with a sarcastic tone.

" You don't need a lot there is furniture in the apartment. Ah, and you got fired only today because I said to wait a week so you wouldn't be jobless for too long." She replied.