4. Not Today

I felt sad. Mia and I won't see each other that much anymore. What if we will lose contact and never speak again? What if she's dying one day and I can't come to her because there are no flights? All kind of questions are running through my mind. I decided to go take a walk instead of drinking my sorrows away at 10am.

I decided to buy some snacks at the convenience store. When I walked in I saw a tv that played some video clips of the current most popular videos of Korea. I might not enjoy staying in this country but the music is so good. I only heard a few songs here and there when I was at the hotel and I really liked it.

They were currently playing the number one song. It had a nice ring to it “Not not today, not not today~♪” It was a catchy song, my kind of music.

I looked up at the screen, seven boys dancing on some kind of round stage in the middle of a dessert with a lot of mountains. Suddenly one of them looked kind of familiar. He had brown hair, a red and white striped shirt a black coat and skinny jeans. I tried to look better at him but every time I saw his face clearly, there was already another shot. Anyways I need to pay my instant ramen and drinks.

I went back to the hotel went up to my room and watched some movies. I looked at the time and saw it was 5 pm. I took a bath and without realising I fell asleep.

“PING~♪” I heard my phone, I just got a message I quickly stand up nearly falling out of the bath. I put on a bathrobe and put a towel on my head. “I hope I don't fall sick after this, you stupid girl don't fall asleep in the bath!!” I cussed at myself.

I looked at the text it was from Mia!

From MiaMouse:
Sorryyyyyy I totally forgot to text you =_= We had some trouble at the airport here but now we are finally at the hotel :D love youu ❤️

I was relieved that she landed safely.

To MiaMouse:
Hope it wasn't something bad at the airport :S Have a great time enjoy your honeymoon ^_^ . Love you more 💜

I looked at the time. whoaaaa holy shit its 10 pm already I took a five-hour nap. How ? I put on grey sweatpants and a pink hoodie, tied up my hair in a bun and then put on my slippers and went to the bar. What else could I do? I won't be able to sleep after this nap.

I went to the bar and ordered the usual “A vodka please.” the bartender gave it to me I gulped it down and looked around. I saw him, the person that carried me to my room and then lied about it. This time he was wearing salmon pink sweatshorts and a grey hoodie nothing to cover his face. I chuckled a little, we match.

I took a second shot to build up some courage to thank him,  I sat down in front of him and he looked at me confused. 

“We have to stop meeting here it looks like we don't have a social life or something” I said trying to sound all smooth. I really don't want to talk but it's only decent for me to thank him, my mom didn't raise a rude girl. “Oh and thank you btw for the other night.”

“How did you...” he said with a confused yet relieved face

“The bartender said it to me. But why did you lie?”

“I thought you would be embarrassed if you knew it was me” he replied emphasizing the me.

“Why would I?” I said.

He looked at me with a weird expression as if he was surprised by my answer.

“Anyways thanks again for carrying me.. eum?” I said trying to let him say his name.

“Jin, Kim Seokjin.” he said.

“Thanks, Jin. I'm Rachel.” I replied.

“Rach...el ?” he said looking at me confused.

“Oh I'm half Korean so my face doesn't really fit my name.”

“That explains so much.” he suddenly said

“Why?”  I looked at him confused

“Oh noting.” he took a sip of his drink.

He's actually very handsome now that I see him clearly. I began to stare really hard at him. When I realised what I was doing I stood up and wanted to go back to the bar, I suddenly felt someone grab my arm. I turned around and it was Jin grabbing my arm. He looked at me with his deep brown eyes.

“Would you like to drink with me?” he asked.

I was hesitant, I can't trust him I don't know him but at the same time, he looked like a real gentleman. He carried a drunk lady to her room and just left. I mean a bad person wouldn't do that right? Maybe for once I can open up to a man?

“Yeah sure.” I said

We started drinking and talking.