25. N.O

( a/n I'm writing this chapter from my grave because the comeback killed me)

I was sitting in a cafe, shifting in my chair. I was so nervous. Oliver called and said to meet me here. We still needed to talk. I have no idea what he would say to me. We haven't talked in about five years. What would he have to say to me.....

Mia kept on saying he's going to confess. " Why else would he come all the way here. He must have realised something..." She'd say.

I still can't believe her. But it's weird of him to come here and act as if nothing happened like he didn't abandon me when I needed him. Just for that girl. Jin wouldn't do something like that......

I hit my face... Why am I thinking of Jin all of a sudden? He's got nothing to do with this. I like Jin, but I'm not sure what kind of like it is. What if I'm mistaken again.... He's been acting so nice to me, but so was Oliver. Yet Oliver didn't like me the way I loved him.

" What are you thinking so hard about?" Oliver asked as he sat down.

" Just..... Things." I tried to avoid his eyes, his beautiful blue eyes..... Jin's eyes are deep brown....

I shook my head. ' why am I thinking of Jin again.' I thought.

" Let's order shall we." Oliver signalled the waitress.

" I'll have the caramel macchiato please." I ordered.

" I'll have an iced americano." Olivier ordered.

We talked small talk before our drinks arrived. Just talking about our work. I found out he studied business and works in the entertainment industry, mosty in Asia, that's how he met Mia in Thailand.

" How's Sarah?" I asked sipping my coffee.

" We broke up..." He then bluntly said.

" What do you mean you broke up? I thought she was your most important girl?" I asked almost choking on my drink.

" She was, but I wasn't her most important guy. She played me. She just needed someone to pay her rent in France because she had no money. I broke up with her about a year after I left New York" he explained.

" What a bitch." I scoffed.

He looked at me surprised by my words and then laughed.

" Rachel....," He started. " Before I say what I want to say. I need to do something first."

He stood up then sat down next to me and then hugged me.

" I'm sorry." I heard his voice say. " I'm so sorry." He said and pulled away from the hug. " I shouldn't have left you like this. I thought you'd be okay...... It's just after I broke up with Sarah that I realized that I did something stupid. How could I have left you like this.... Your scars where still healing. I wanted to come back home right after I broke up, but I couldn't bring myself to face you. I know I hurt you, I'm just so sorry. I hope you'll accept my apology, I'll do anything for you, just forgive me for being so stupid." His voice trembled while saying this.

I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat. " What changed Oliver... Why do you apologize now...."

" The reason I came here, I need to tell you something important..." He then said.

There it goes, he's going to say what he has to say. Please don't let it be a confession......

" I love you, Rachel. I wa-"

" NO!" I exclaimed cutting him off. My eyes widened and I put my hand on top of my mouth. Suddenly Jin came to my mind again. The whole cafe was looking at us. " Sorry " I bowed.