1. Warped - Twisted or bent from the natural course or direction.

Tyler was in bed when he heard the sound.

It was eerie, like humming almost, but...warped. That was the only word he could think of to describe it. Warped.

Tyler slipped out of bed, bare feet landing on the cool wooden floor. He shared this bedroom, and this bunk bed, with his brother. He quietly climbed the ladder leading to the top bunk. "Jay?"

The younger boy was seemingly asleep. Tyler reached out with his arm, feeling warmth through the blankets, and a bony shoulder. "Jay?"

Jay breathed a quiet sigh as he woke. He lifted his head from his pillow slowly, sleepily. His eyes fluttered, and his voice cracked slightly. "Tyler?"

"Did you hear that noise?" Tyler whispered.

"What noise?"

Tyler listened. The sound from before was gone.

"I-I thought I heard something." Tyler knew he should be ashamed or embarrassed that he'd woken his little brother at such an early hour for something like this, but he was so sure he had heard something.

"I haven't heard anything," Jay murmured drowsily.

"Okay." Tyler hesitated a second longer, then climbed back down the ladder. "Sorry for waking you."

"It's okay." Tyler heard a yawn from Jay's bunk. "Goodnight, Tyler."

The older boy climbed back into his own bed. "Goodnight, Jay."

A/N: Hey, welcome to my new Joshler! This will be mainly fluff, if there's a trigger warning I'll post it at the top of the chapter. Happy reading! |-/