28. Fireworks - A display of brilliance and energy.

A/N: PREPARE YOURSELF! FLUFF AHEAD! 

Tyler and Josh watched the fireworks show together. Neither boy seemed to like the loud sounds of the explosions, but they managed to ignore them in favor of the pretty lights.

After about an hour had passed, it was time for the big finale. Instead of one firework being shot up at a time, it was one after another after another, bright bursts of red and white and blue.

The sound was so loud that Josh became a bit afraid again. He nestled close to Tyler, resting his head on the Earth boy's shoulder. Another bruise.

Tyler turned his head away from the firework display to look at Josh. Almost all night, especially after the display had started, Tyler wanted to kiss Josh.

He felt conflicted. He couldn't kiss an alien, could he? Was kissing even a thing on Anathema? Would Josh kiss back?

Tyler had let his attention waver from the fireworks many times to look at Josh, but there was something different about this time: Josh looked back at him.

The alien boy's black eyes seemed to shine in the faint glow. Tyler could see the reflection of the fireworks going off in Josh's eyes, and it was too much. He looked away.

"Tyler." Josh's voice was soft, and Tyler looked back to him.

It was hard to read Josh's emotions just by looking at him, but this time Tyler could see something different in his face.

Before Tyler could speak up, before he could even manage to mumble Josh's name, the alien boy very gently cupped Tyler's cheek in his hand, and kissed him.

A/N: YEEEEEEEEE