52. Desperate - Hopelessness; great need or desire.

Tyler called for Josh, and searched for him, but there was no point.

He searched inside Josh's crashed vessel, breaking the door open and rummaging through everything inside, every compartment and every box. When Tyler didn't find him there, he disappeared into the welcoming arms of the forest, calling Josh's name and crying.

His throat was sore from the heavy sobs and screams.

Tyler needed Josh so much, he was all he had. He listened to Tyler, cared about him, loved him, took care of him when he couldn't take care of himself. Now that Josh had been torn away from him, he was desperate.

Finally, the moon began to set, and Tyler knew he wouldn't be able to search any longer. He was exhausted, scraped, and bruised, from struggling to get inside the vessel's closed door. With trudging feet, he went back to the clearing, and sat alone on the vessel's roof.

It felt so cold and lonely without Josh by his side.

They both had been so worried that they'd be separated, but they'd been stressing over the wrong source. They had not been found out by the people on Earth, but the Others, instead.

Josie had climbed up onto the vessel with Tyler, and she seemed to be looking for Josh, sniffing all over the vessel's roof and meowing. After a few minutes, she warily approached Tyler, with pitiful mew.

Tyler held the cat in his lap, and sobbed into her soft black and white fur.

A/N: Have I ruined your life yet?