39. Storm - A weather phenomenon featuring wind and rain.

Startled and surprised, Tyler didn't know what to do at first. Then, after a brief moment of hesitation, he quickly went to the window and opened it.

Josh's eyes were huge, bigger and blacker than Tyler had ever seen them. As soon as the Earth boy opened the window, Josh scrambled inside. He was dripping wet.

Quickly, the alien boy wrapped his arms around Tyler. Tyler hugged him, and realized that Josh was trembling, although whether from fear or cold, he didn't know.

"Here, let me get you a towel," Tyler whispered as they broke apart. He was scared that someone would come into the room and find Josh while he was gone, but he needed to help him dry off. "Stay here, okay?"

Josh nodded, and so Tyler quickly ducked into the hallway, closing the door behind him. The only sound in the house was the soft voices coming from the living room; his family must still have been there. Carefully, Tyler crept down the hallway to the linen closet, snatching a spare towel before going back into his room.

Josh was standing there, shivering, when Tyler came back. Closing the door behind him, Tyler entered the room and had Josh sit on his desk chair before wrapping the towel around his shoulders, starting to dry him off.

"What's happening?" Josh whispered. His voice was so small and scared, it made Tyler's heart ache. 

"It's a storm," Tyler said in a hushed voice. He carefully started drying Josh's soaked hair. "It's just nature. I promise, as long as you're sheltered, you're safe."

"I didn't know what was going on," Josh whispered. "I was so scared, I didn't know what to do."

Normally, Josh was the protective one, but seeing him so vulnerable and afraid made Tyler want to take charge. He kissed the top of Josh's head, then ruffled up his dark hair with the towel. "It's okay, Josh. You're safe here."

WARNING: There will be lots of cuteness ahead