22. Emanate - To flow out or proceed, as from a source.

That night, Tyler ate dinner with the rest of his family. His  mother felt his forehead, and seemed relieved that he was no longer feeling warm.

When he went to bed, Tyler set the alarm on his phone for midnight. He wanted to be absolutely sure to visit Josh, but he did need his sleep, as the previous day had shown. He was especially careful not to leave the volume on, as that would wake Jay. Instead, he put it on vibrate, and slipped it into his pants pocket. Hopefully, it would wake him.

Tyler had a little trouble falling asleep, probably from all the napping he'd done during the day. Around eleven thirty, he finally felt his eyes closing.

At midnight, his phone vibrated with its alarm, and jolted him awake with a start. He quickly fumbled with the phone, turning off the alarm and waiting.

The only sound to come from Jay's bunk were his snores. Tyler was safe.

That night, it was a little warmer than it had been, so Tyler left his jacket where it was, hanging on the back of the door. He did, however, take his black notebook and pen, as well as several granola bars and a bottle of water from the kitchen.

Tyler had never shown anyone anything from his notebook, not a single word, not a single doodle. But he felt he could trust Josh. He knew Josh would like the drawing he'd done, yet the alien boy wouldn't pry at what else the notebook might contain.

Only a few seconds after setting foot outdoors, the sound from his first night with Josh began to emanate from the trees, accompanied by the faint glow. Worried about his new friend, Tyler hurried on his walk, and soon made it to the trees.

__________

A/N: Firstly I would like to apologize for not writing much of Shy lately, for anyone here who reads that as well

I've been focusing a little more on this book as well as on my Joshler Oneshot book

Expect an update soon though!