11. Sensitive - Easily affected or moved.

Tyler didn't want anyone else to ask about his bruise, so he covered it with concealer from his sistser's drawer in the bathroom. He'd used it a few times before to cover up the dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep, so he knew what he was doing.

After doing this, Tyler went back into his room and got dressed into a plain light gray t-shirt and dark, almost black jeans, his favorite pair. He put on shoes and socks, and then headed out into the kitchen, where the rest of his family was already gathered.

"Good morning, Tyler," his mother said, standing in the kitchen in front of the stove. There was a pan there, filled with a messy pile of scrambled eggs. As his mother got some eggs out onto a plate for herself, she pointed with her other hand to the toaster. "Eggs are already made, but if you want toast, you're going to have to make your own."

Tyler put a piece of bread into the toaster and got himself a serving of scrambled eggs. Just as he finished pouring his glass of orange juice, the toast popped up. He buttered the bread and sat at the kitchen table with the others.

Most families, Tyler knew, didn't eat their first meal of the day together. However, Tyler's mother insisted on them all eating together every morning, so he was used to it. 

"You sure woke up late," Madison commented casually, putting a bite of eggs in her mouth.

Tyler shrugged. "I didn't sleep much." At least it wasn't a lie.

"Are you doing alright, sweetie?" Tyler's mother asked, a soft tone to her voice. Tyler had always been a little bit different from his siblings. He thought differently, and acted differently. He was a bit more sensitive and attentive to the words of others. For these reasons, his mother made a point to look after him a bit more than she did the others, much to his annoyance. He would have preferred to deal with his issues on his own.

"I'm okay," he said, which was, he thought, a bit of a lie. It wasn't that he was feeling terrible, but he was definitely still confused about last night.

He didn't know what to believe.