6. Mask - A full or partial covering to conceal something.

Tyler nearly jumped a foot in the air. He quickly turned his body towards the voice.

Standing in front of him was...a human?

He was just a little taller than Tyler, with a human body. But something was off about him. His ears were too small, and his arms just a little too long. His eyes were unnaturally dark, with no whites, just blackness, and his skin seemed as silvery-white as the moon.

"I'm sorry I startled you," the creature said. He had a deep voice, like that of a man's rather than a woman's. He adjusted the jobject in his hands, something made of clear white plastic with buttons and dials. Then he looked back to Tyler, as if waiting for him to say something.

Finally, he swallowed, gripping his flashlight tightly, and lifted his voice. "Who are you?"

The creature smiled. He had teeth slightly sharper than that of a normal human's, but not terrifyingly so. There was no malice in the smile. "You know, that's a great question."

"Then why don't you answer it?" Tyler crossed his arms, imitating annoyance, though in reality all he felt was fear. He did his best to mask it.

"You don't have to be scared," the creature said. How did he know? Tyler just huffed and turned his head away from the stranger, though he kept one eye on him.

"At least tell me what you're doing on my family's property."

The stranger fiddled with the object in his hands again. The glowing coming from the antennae stopped. "It's a bit of a long story."

"Can I get a name, at least?" 

The stranger shrugged. "Josh. What's yours?"

"Tyler Joseph."