21. Fond - Ardently attached or devoted.

After finishing his sandwich, Tyler went back to his room. He wasn't entirely sure what to do, at first. He no longer felt tired, so sleep wasn't a priority anymore. 

He pulled his most recent black notebook from its spot, wedged between his mattress and the bed frame. The notebook was a plain black one, held together like that of a book rather than binder paper, just the way he liked it. He had thought about putting something on the cover, but wasn't sure yet.

An idea popped into Tyler's head. He left the notebook on his bed and dug around in the drawer of his nightstand, which was his junk drawer. Inside was an assortment of items, including a roll of polka-dotted blue tape, a plastic purple slinky from his cousin's birthday party four years ago, a popsicle stick, loose change, a half-eaten pack of gum, and various stickers. Tyler pulled out one sticker in particular--a white planet, with rings around it like Saturn.

With a smile, Tyler closed the drawer and went back to his bed. He sat down and peeled the sticker off of its protective backing, and placed it onto the notebook. It seemed perfect.

After he'd applied the sticker, Tyler rested his back against his fluffy white pillow. He opened his notebook, flipping through his most recent work before eventually getting to a blank page.

Now what? He did lots of things in his notebook--draw, write stories and poems, experiment with song lyrics, record his thoughts. Tyler decided to draw today.

He uncapped his favorite black pen, and started to sketch an alien.

One he was beginning to grow rather fond of.

__________

A/N: In case you didn't get it, Tyler is hiding his notebook between the mattress and bedframe because it contains 'Tyler and Josh's true feelings'

probably doesn't make sense unless you've seen the interview but