Chapter 21

Hermione went to the room of requirements where she knows that she can be safe. She could be alone where no one could find her. Hermione heard the door open and close. Hermione did not look up she just stared at the fire that was light.

"Are you alright?" A male voice asked.

Hermione turned to face James. He was standing at the door looking worried.

"Everyone is looking for you. I figured you would be here." James stated.

"How did you know that?" Hermione asked confused.

"I use to come here when I was upset and I could not go outside. The room of requirement is amazing it can change into anything you want it to be. Where are we at anyways?" James asked looking around the room.

There was a couch in the middle of the room near a fireplace. It was cozy and warm. Hermione looked around and smiled.

"It's the Barrow. It's the most amazing place to be." Hermione said smiling.

"Where's the Barrow at? I don't think I have ever heard of it." James said sitting down by Hermione.

"Of course you wouldn't. Well at least not until you were older. It's were Arthur and Molly Weasley lives with their children. It's a second home to me." Hermione said hanging James a photo that was on the coffee table.

There in the photo was a group of red head and Hermione and Harry in front of a tall house. James could not believe how happy everyone was. They seem so close and friendly. James was glad that Harry could have a great friends and somewhere to call home.

"Wow, they all look so happy. When was this taken?" James asked.

"This summer, it was a few weeks before school started. There is supposed to be another person there but he chooses to believe the Ministry instead of his family. We don't talk about him anymore it just upsets Molly." Hermione stated.

"Wow that sucks. Family is everything and you can only rely on family. If you can't do that then there is no one to rely on." James stated.

"I totally agree with you. My family and friends are everything to me. That is why I am so protective over Harry and Ron. We have been through so much and there is so much more that we have to go through to get out happy ending." Hermione said.

James just looked down at his feet and did not know what to say. Knowing that the future was like this and that his child and their friends are fighting the war was horrible.

"I know that you think that this is not right but I think I would not have asked for anything different." James gave Hermione a confused look. "Well, let me rephrase that, there are few things that I would change but I like knowing that I have helped make the future a better place. But it sucks that we have to sacrifice so much for it. I have grown up so fast that my parents said that they don't even know who I am sometimes." Hermione just laughed at that.

"So what did you really come here for? I know that you are here to make sure I am alright. I am not going to lie to you. I am not alright. I really did not want Harry to know about my nightmares. He already has too much on his plate and if I can reduce that then I will. That is the kind of friend I am." Hermione explained to James.

"Well, I was here for that but there is also the question on if you heard what Sirius said?" James asked.

"You mean that he likes me. Yes, I did hear him. But you have to understand that I can't let anything happen between us. He's from the past I'm from the future. It will never work out. I don't want to break his heart or worse let my heart get broken, because you know for a fact that he is not with us anymore in this time." Hermione said with a sad sigh.

"I know and I think Padfoot is realizing it now." James stated.

They heard the door open and Hermione had her wand out but did not turn around.

"There you two are. I thought you went back to Gryffindor common room and we all couldn't find you Mione."

Hermione could not believe who what standing at that door. She recognized that voice from anywhere. There stood......