Chapter 30

Hermione looked up at Fred and rose a brow. Fred grinned at her with a wink. She just shook her head and continued with the evening. She watched as all her friends opened their presents from her. Hermione always put thought in each present for all her friends. This year was nothing different.

Hermione started too walked to the library when she felt a hand touch her shoulder. Hermione turned around to be face to face with Sirius. She gave him a glare and asked,

"How can I help you Sirius?"

"Hermione, I want to apologize for last night. I guess that I should have not put my size twelve shoe in my size ten mouth. I feel bad about it. Of course you have a right to be jumpy. With everything that is going on in this time. I would not be able to do what you do every day." Sirius said sincerely.

Hermione smiled at him and knew that he meant every word. She started to feel bad herself. She knew that she should not have yelled at Sirius like that.

"It's alright Sirius. I accept your apologize. I should also apologize. I should have not yelled at you like I did. I guess with everything going on. I never have a time to wrap my head around all of it. There is always something else to worry about and figure out. I just snapped and I should have not snapped at you like that. So I am sorry as well Sirius." Hermione told him.

Sirius smiled and could see in her eyes that there is so much on her shoulders. Too much for a teenage witch to carry at her age. His smile started to fade and then was turned into a frown. Hermione saw the change and got worried that he did not forgive her. She looked at him worriedly and asked,

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"It's just," Sirius paused and looked away.

Hermione knew that look. She got it from so many people that she knew exactly what he was thinking. She turned his head to face her.

"You should know that I may have so much on my shoulders but I know that I am doing something good. If it was not for the greater good fighting then there is not light in the future and we would be all surrounded by darkness." Hermione said.

"How do you deal with all the pressure?" Sirius asked curious.

Hermione had to think about that for a minute. She took Sirius' hand and took him into the library. She sat down in the back and faced him.

"Yes there is a lot of pressure for Harry, Ron and myself. But people need hope and someone to look up to. If you actually look in a first year's eyes and could see what they see. We are going to be in war soon and everyone here need hope Sirius. If that hope is Harry, Ron and myself then I will be that hope. I do this to have a better future. We may not be able to change the past but we can change the future. No matter what fate you have." Hermione explained to him.

Right then Sirius saw something he has never seen before. He saw that hope she was talking about. Sirius learned that he was falling for Hermione harder and harder each day. Just then he saw an amazing side of Hermione. They left the library and headed to the Great Hall for dinner.

Hermione sat between Harry and Ron. Everyone talked about random things. Ginny looked toward Hermione and asked,

"Hey, I forgot to ask you something."

"What's that Ginny?" Hermione asked.

"What was the note you were reading during presents this morning? Who was it from?" She asked.

Hermione looked up from her food and turned to look at Fred from across the table. Ginny looked at where she was looking at and knew who it was now. Hermione did not need to tell her. Fred looked up and saw the two girls looking at him and he winked with a flirty smirk. Hermione just rolled her eyes and shook her head. She turned back to Ginny and saw that she knew now just by her grin on her face.

Hermione walked back into the common room with Harry and Ron. They sat by the fire and just sat there in silence.

"How did we end up being the hope for everyone?" Hermione asked.

Harry and Ron looked at her confused. It was just out of the blue that she asked that. She sighed and Harry asked,

"What do you mean Hermione?"

"I mean how did us three become such great impacts of this war and for people to look up to for hope?" She asked again.

Ron shrugged and then thought about it. None of them every thought about it. They were just so use to it that it was like second nature to them. Harry got up from the chair and sat with Hermione on the couch and said,

"I guess it's because I'm the chosen one and you two are my best friends."

Hermione looked from Harry to Ron. She could tell that they did not know. She looked up to them and said,

"You know why I think this?" The boys nodded and she continued. "I think we were chosen out of who we are. They need a leader, loyal friendship, and brains. Us three have so much to show and teach people. Harry you are a born leader and Ron you are a loyal and trust worthy friend. Two great things to have in a person. We believe in hope and that there is always a better day in the end. Then there is me." Hermione trailed off.

"What do you mean then there is you?" Ron asked sitting next to her.

"Yeah Hermione. You have so much more than just brains. You have bravery and smarts. You think things through and have a plan. You know how to stay calm in a bad situation and get it resolved. You are a loyal friend and a brilliant witch." Harry said.

"You want to make sure that everyone is happy and safe. You care for friends and family even if you barely know someone you go out of your way to make sure they are alright. You have the most open heart that I have ever seen." Ron spoke up.

Hermione smiled at her friends. She never thought of herself that way. She thought everyone thought of her like she was a nerdy book worm. But Ron and Harry proved her wrong. She hugged them both and thanked them.

"So with our strength together we have the hope to give to everyone else that need hope the most and right now everyone needs hope. We are the believer of a better future." Harry spoke up.

Hermione nodded and smiled at Harry. They started to talk about other things until Hermione felt someone behind her whispering in her ear,

"You ready for you real gift from me?"

Hermione turned around to see Fred leaning into her. They were face to face with each other. She could feel his breath hit her face. She nodded at him and got up from the boys and followed him form the common room. Fred led her to the Room of Requirements. Hermione looked at him confused and asked,

"What are we doing here?"

"You will see Mione." Fred said opening the doors.

Once they go in there, the room was transformed into the living room of the Burrow. Fred smiled at Hermione and led her over to the couch. They sat down and Fred looked at her. He thought Hermione was gorgeous in the fire light. Hermione turned to look at him in the eyes and she started to blush when she saw that he was staring at her.

"What is it?" She asked blushing even more.

"Nothing, it's just that you look really beautiful tonight." Fred said with a grin.

"So why did you bring me here? Why couldn't we do this in the common room?" Hermione asked.

"Well, there are three reasons why. One I wanted to see what your favorite place was in the whole world and this room proved it." Fred said looking around the room.

"Yeah, the Burrow is like a home away from home. I feel safe and welcomed here." Hermione shared to Fred.

Fred smiled at her and said,

"Number two is because I wanted to do this private and not get questioned by everyone."

"And number three?" Hermione asked putting three fingers up.

"Number three is because I wanted to spend some alone time with you." Fred spoke truthfully.

Hermione could not believe what she was hearing. She did not want to believe that Fred Weasley one of the hottest Weasley's wanted to spend some alone time with her. She smiled at Fred as he brought out a box. He handed it to her and Hermione opened it up to find,