Chapter 36

Hermione walked down the hall and began thinking of everything. She felt arms wrapped around her and it made her jump. Hermione turned around to be faced with Sirius. He smiled to her and said,

"Jumpy aren't we."

Hermione smirked and said,

"Well, I was deep in thought. You can't just sneak up on someone like that when they are thinking."

Sirius intertwined his fingers into hers and continued down the hall. They did not say anything. It was just them being together was good enough for them. They walked into the Great Hall and up to their friends.

"So what are the plans for today. It's the weekend after all." James asked.

"Well, Gryffindor has Quidditch practice and then after that we can do whatever." Harry explained.

"Well, while you lot are having practice I will be in the.."

"Library." Everyone said together interrupting Hermione.

She glared at them all. They thought they were funny. Ginny smiled and said,

"Oh Hermione don't worry about it. You know we love you. Some of us more than others."

Everyone looked over to Sirius and he was grinning. After an uneventful breakfast everyone went their separate ways. Hermione walked with Lily and Remus to the library. She smiled to them and headed back to the restricted section. No one stopped them. Hermione sat by the window and looked out quickly.

"You picked a great spot." Remus said with a laugh.

Lily looked over at the view and saw that it was a perfect view of the Quidditch field. Lily snickered at that. Hermione just grinned and said,

"It gives me time for myself and I still can keep an eye on my two best friends."

Lily nodded and they went to work. It was still taking a while to figure out a way to get the Marauders and Lily back to their time. But they were close. Hermione did not realize the time until James and Sirius came into the library with Harry and Ron. Hermione looked up from her books and smiled to them. Sirius placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Alright, it's break time for the nerds." Sirius said grabbing Hermione's hand and dragging her out.

James did the same to Lily and they just left Remus standing there laughing. Harry and Ron looked from each other and went after them with Remus. Ron spoke up and asked,

"When did we become the fifth, sixth, and seventh wheels."

"You do know that there is no such thing that has that many wheels Ron." Hermione said to him.

"You know that I was being sarcastic Hermione." Ron spatted.

Hermione just rolled her eyes and went to find Ginny. Sirius lead her to the lake. It was like he was reading her mind. There was Ginny sitting by the tree. Hermione sat down by Ginny and then Sirius grabbed her and made her fall back into him. That made her laugh.

"So how is the research going?" James asked.

"It's going. But the question is, is it going anywhere?" Hermione stated.

"You will figure it out baby. I know you will. We all believe in you." Sirius stated.

Hermione gave him a kiss on the check and relaxed into him. Sirius could tell that there was something wrong with Hermione when she was not participating in the conversation. Ginny nodded and Sirius knew that she would cover for them. Sirius got up and lead Hermione away from everyone.

"Where are they going?" Ron asked.

"Don't worry about it Ron. What are you her father. She will alright. Those two need some time alone." Ginny reassured her.

Remus looked over and he knew what was going on in Hermione's brain. He had the same feeling and concerns.

Hermione looked to Sirius and she was confused. They were having a great time hang out with their friends. Sirius sat down on the grass and took Hermione's hands into his.

"Hermione is everything alright?" He asked concerned.

Hermione looked at him confused. She knew that he could tell that she was distracted. Hermione sighed and said,

"I am worried. Sirius it is almost the end of the year and you guys are still here. I am worried that I won't be able help you out. You need to get home in your time."

"Mione," Sirius started and then took her into his embrace. "You do not need to be the only that has the world on your shoulders. Mione, I know that you will do it in your own time. You are the brightest witch that I have ever known. You are amazing and beautiful. Your magic is unique and you can do anything. That is why I am falling for you so hard." Sirius stroked her hair to comfort her.

"Oh Sirius, I am scared. I don't want to be the reason for the future to be changed for the worse." Hermine admitted.

Sirius grabbed Hermione's face and pulled her closer to him.

"Hermione Granger, you are amazing and I hate seeing you like this but..." He started to say.

Hermione went closer to his face where there was barely space between them. If one of them leaned close enough to close the space their lips would be touching. She smiled to Sirius and said,

"You do not make me feel like the world is on my shoulders. When I am with you and people I love I feel like I do what I do to keep them safe. When I am with you I feel like I am on clouds and there isn't nothing I can't do. I feel powerful and there isn't anything I can't do."

Right then Sirius closed the gap and kissed her. The kiss went from sweet to passionate. They finally broke apart for some air. Sirius moved a piece of hair out of Hermione face and said,

"Mione, I...