Chapter 6

A week has past and everyone was getting use to the students in the school. Well everyone but one teacher, that teacher would be Professor Snape. He had been missing classes. The teachers were getting tired of covering his classes for him.

The morning of classes everyone saw that Professor Snape was not at the teachers table for breakfast. Every student was getting tired of not getting taught what they need to know. Hermione was getting frustrated. All the students took their seats in silence. Professor Dumbledore walked up to his podia and said,

"It has accrued to me that Professor Snape has been very ill lately and have been missing classes. I have notice that the teachers have been taking turns on teaching the Defense Against the Dark Arts classes. I feel that they are tired of doing that so I am going to take matters in my own hands. I am sorry to say that Defense Against the Dark Arts classes have been canceled for now until I have found a suited able person to cover for Mr. Snape. One that I think will hit my high expectation. I have also canceled all classes today for your Professor's benefit."

Everyone went into whispers and some were shocked. Everyone did not know how they felt about this. Everyone was happy to not have classes today but they were not sure about not having DADA ever again. The Gryffindors were all upset mostly six people. Hermione and Ginny looked towards Lily and saw the sadness in her eyes. Lily got up from the table and left the Great Hall. Hermione nodded toward Ginny and they went after Lily.

Lily ran in to the nearest class room to hide. She could hear Hermione and Ginny call her name out to find her. She could hear the door open and two girls stood at the door looking at Lily. Those two girls were Hermione and Ginny. Hermione rubbed Lily's back while Ginny asked,

"What's wrong Lily?"

"It's my entire fault that Severus is not teaching. The sight of me must sicken him so much that he can't even be in the same room as me." Lily said with a sob.

"Lily, it's not that he hates you. It's that he hates himself for what he did to you." Hermione said.

Lily looked up toward Hermione in confusion. She did not understand what her new friend was talking about. Ginny was also confused about this news. Hermione stocked Lily's hair and said,

"Ever since he lost your friendship he is the person he is today. It breaks his heart to see you and know that he could never change what happened between you two. You were his best friend and he lost that. It hurts him so much to look into Harry's eyes know that they remind him of you. Having you here in person just hurts him even more." Hermione said.

"So it is my fault!" Lily sighed and put her face in her hands.

"No, it's his fault Lils. He is the one that hurt you and is still holding onto the past. He can't let go of the bad and look toward the good. He is the one that is running away from his fears and leaving the students behind to fight for themselves. He is the adult here. You are still a teenager in this time. You are no were to be blamed." Ginny said smiling toward Lily.

Hermione thought that was really sweet of Ginny and very true. There was a war going on and instead of Professor Snape bucking up and facing his fears, he runs and hides. The need someone to teach them not to coward and hide.

*Will in the Gryffindor Common Room*

"This sucks!" Sirius said popping himself down on the couch.

"I know right. I thought that this year was going to be different." Ron stated angrily.

"That coward is horrible. He just wants to run and hid when things get bad. I thought that since he was an adult, he would have grown up." Remus spatted.

"Well, you are wrong. I just think it is bad that the students don't get taught properly because once we leave this school for good we are in the real world fighting. We are going to need to know as much as we can to protect ourselves." Harry said sitting by James.

The girls were walking in when they heard Harry talking. Hermione smiled at Harry when he said all of that. Because he was right. This was coming and they need to be taught by someone who was experienced.

"You are right Harry. We need to be taught by someone who knows what they are doing and who is not going to run away when they are scared. We need someone that we can look up to and that has experience in what they are doing." Hermione stated.

That gave her an idea. She started to grin and face Harry.

"What are you smiling about Hermione?" Harry asked.

"I know the perfect person that can teach us. He is experienced in this stuff. He had done it before and everyone looks up to him. He is brave and I know for a fact that he will not run away from fear." Hermione said grinned wider at everyone.