Chapter 18

Hermione was wondering the halls until she heard voices. It was Sirius and James' voices. They were talking about a girl. She walked a little bit closer to listen. Lily was walking toward the boys and Hermione tried to hide from her. Hermione hid around the corner so that Lily did not see her. When she knew that Lily was out of sight, Hermione came back around the corner.

She could hear them whispering then she heard Lily say,

"Alright, listen to me Sirius Black I can help you. If this is about a girl then James and I are two of the best people to ask. For crying out loud James here never gave up on asking me out."

What girl got Sirius Black acting so different, Hermione thought to herself. She knew that all the girls thought he was very attractive and they all wanted to date him. But Hermione notice that he was not acting like himself like the things she heard of. Hermione did not hear what James said but now she pressed her ear to the door and to hear what the others were saying. She heard Sirius sigh and said,

"Yeah I am. I just don't know how to control these feelings. No birdy had ever made me feel like this." Sirius sounded defeated.

Hermione was surprised at that response. She always heard from Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, and the others who know Sirius that he was a ladies man. Hermione heard them coming to the door. Hermione tried to get away from the door as quick as she could. As she walked around the corner Hermione heard Lily say,

"Hermione?"

Hermione turned around to face James, Sirius, and Lily. The boys glanced at each other. They were both scared but Sirius looked more scared then James. Hermione walked up to them. She did not know what to say to them. Lily glanced toward the boys and said,

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in the library."

"I was just leaving the library. I was heading back to the Gryffindor common room. What are you three doing here?" Hermione asked curious.

"Nothing. We were just heading back to Gryffindor common room also." James spoke up.

They walked in silence to the common room. When they got into the room the boys ran up to their dorm. Hermione and Lily were left alone in the common room. Hermione faced Lily. She turned to see that Lily was staring at her. Hermione sighed and asked,

"What?"

"You know that I know that you are lying. I just covered for you." Lily stated.

"Yeah, well I have a curious side that comes out sometimes. I blame Ron and Harry for creating it." Hermione said with a laugh.

*Meanwhile in the boys dorm*

"Do you think she heard us?" Sirius asked.

"I don't know. If she did then she would know something is up but she does not know who the birdy is. She does not know that you like her." James stated.

"Who does Sirius like?" Harry asked coming into the room.

"No one. Don't worry about it son." James said.

Everyone paused. That was the first time Harry ever heard his father say that to him. He was not use to it. Harry likes hearing it but since they have been there Lily and James had not called him son before. Harry was alright with it but he did not expect it.

James smiled toward Harry and said,

"Bet you thought you would never hear those word from my mouth." James joked about it.

Harry smirked and chuckled.

"Yeah," Harry said pausing.

"What do I call you? Do I have a nickname for my godson?" Sirius asked.

"You do. You and Remus call me little prongs. Since I look like my father more than my mother. Mrs. Weasley doesn't like that you treat me like my father sometimes. But I don't care that you did." Harry stated.

"Little Prongs, I like it. I think I am going to say that for now on. What do you think Prongs? Is he Marauder enough to be named Little Prongs?" Sirius asked as Remus walked in.

"What about a little Prongs?" Remus asked.

"That is what older us called Harry here in this timeline." Sirius said.

Remus nodded in improvement. But he could see in his two best friends' eyes that they were planning something. Remus sighed and asked,

"What is the plan?"

"You know us too well Moony. I think we should test dear little Prongs here to see if he is worth of the name. We already know that he gets into too much trouble with this two best friends but what about pranks. We have not done a prank since we got here." Sirius stated.

"Well, Fred and George were the prankers but they left last year." Harry said.

"What do you mean they left?" James asked.

"Well, they put off some fireworks in the great hall last year and few off on their brooms. They own their own joke shop." Harry explained.

Sirius and James started to crack up laughing about the firework explosion in his fifth year. Fred and George were the true jokesters and no one could replace them. They were up there with the Marauders.