15. Fucked Up Heart

Edited

She needed him.

And so did he.

What was he going to do? He can't call 911.. that would be the best but he didn't want to risk it. Okay, risking Jenna's life was super dangerous but he knew she'd stay in there for some time and he didn't want to see the sight of Jenna be attached to so many IV cords and lying there, cold in a hospital bed.

Plus, it would put her in danger 'cause he knew they'd ask her about her so many bruises, immediately leading up to her father.

He shuddered and soon he started to sob into Jenna's neck, grabbing her hand and interlocking their fingers together.

He pulled away and sniffled, wiping his eyes and staring at Jenna's senseless body. The only way to revive her was to do CPR, it probably wouldn't work, but it was good to try.

So that's what he did. He did it a few times until he felt a pulse.

Except, she still wasn't waking up.

He groaned in frustration, pulled away from her lips and places his hands in his hair. Tyler couldn't let her die, absolutely no way. But he was conflicted, playing with God or the forces of life. Anxiety was ripping apart at his skin because someone dearly close to him, someone that he could even dare say love, was on the verge of dying.

Because of him.

"What am I going to do.. what am I going to do?" He stressfully mutters.

From his experiences and the amount of documentaries he watches based on health, anatomy, and serial killers just for fun, Tyler gently picked up Jenna, carried her bridal style, opened his bathroom door he has in his room, and drops her with him in his bath.

"Don't you die on me, Jenna!" He screams and quickly turns on the shower, turning it cold first.
It hurts and stings his skin.
Losing Jenna could hurt more.

The girl lying cold in his lap was still ice, and he places his fingers in her mouth for her gag reflex. It takes a while but soon, she first starts to cough up water, then throws up into his bath. Graphically gruesome and disgusting enough, Tyler didn't care that his fingers were slobbered with water, saliva, and puke. The only thing that mattered was that she was alive.

He takes his fingers out of her mouth, and he's crying. She looks up at him, and he looks down at her with teary eyes and the water above them still running.

They fluttered open. Those eyes. Those damned eyes, those beautiful, icy blue eyes, that if you stared at them too long, you swore you'd see tiny snowflakes dancing in her irises.

"Tyler?" She managed to say.

"W-What happened?" She chokes up and looks up at the shower running.

"Please just don't say anything." He shakily whispers into her hair and slowly rocks her, his arms tightly wrapped around her. "Please."

---

After the shower and later occurrences, Tyler and Jenna were drying their hair and clothes and also making an attempt to heat themselves all at once. Mainly since they were sitting in a cold bath with short sleeves and cold water above them.

Jenna, who was at his closet, took out a mustard yellow hoodie and removed it from the hanger it was hanging on. She raised it to Tyler, who was sitting on his bed and watching her.