Epilogue

Song I associate with this chapter:
Chapel by Nicole Dollanganger

March 28
10:42 AM
Columbus, Ohio

Tyler's quick beating heart matched to the two knocks that he heard on the door behind him.

"Knock, knock."

He turned around to see a beaming Melanie standing in the doorway, then slowly starting to excitedly jump up and down while doing a small dance. He grinned and gestured her to come over.

She ran over to the ecstatic boy and gave him a huge hug that lasted for about 15 seconds, both inhaling their fragrances which would mix in and create a type of smell, strangely enough they liked it.

"Okay, stop. You're gonna get me smelling like cologne, and I put on a shit-load of perfume that smells like vanilla and marshmallow."

"That's one thing I always liked about you; you always smelled like you stepped out of a bakery." He smiled while wiping his eyes gently.

Melanie noticed this and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Hey.. what's wrong?"

"I'm just.. I'm about to be marrying Jenna in just 8 minutes. I really can't believe it." He stares at the ground while biting his lip.

Her eyebrows dropped and her eyes started becoming warm and watery. "I thought you would never meet someone, hell, get married, but I guess you have. I'm so happy for you, Ty."

They both let out short laughs until Melanie sniffled and dabbed her eyes again.

"Fuck. I can't go out looking like this, so leave me alone."
"I didn't tell you to come!" He chuckled.

She laughs quietly and then they both turned around when they saw Josh come in.

"Tyler, they're getting ready. 6 more minutes."

"God, don't remind me." He sighs while placing himself down on the leather seat, starting to wring his hands.

Josh stared at Melanie. "You need to get going with the other bridesmaids!"

"Oh crap, you're so right. I forgot." She looked back at Tyler and then gave him a long hug.

"You'll do great. I'm extremely happy for you and I can't wait to cry my big ole eyes out there."

"Thank you, Crybaby." He whispered gently in her ear.

She pulled away and sniffled, then ran out, leaving the two boys alone.

"You okay?" Josh bit his cheek.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

Another knock came on the door, and the two men turned their heads to see an old friend relating to Tyler.

"Holy shit, Gerard?!" Tyler jumps up and hugs him tightly.

"Someone sent me the invitation, so I came. Ray, Mikey, they're all here."

"They're all here?!"

"All here, and waiting for you sitting patiently. We are so happy for you, Tyler."

Josh cleared his throat and Tyler bit his lip, gesturing his hand to him awkwardly standing next to them.

"Gerard, this is Josh, my best friend. Josh, this is someone from prison. I haven't seen him in a long time."

"Oh."

"I'm so nervous." Tyler giggled while tugging at his sleeve.

"Everyone would be nervous on their wedding day." Gerard shrugged.