Rerouter

Alignment: Mafia (Deception)

Summary: A failed Witch that instead makes others visit those who they may not wish to visit.

Abilities: Each night, select someone to reroute. Rerouting will randomly change the target's target. Targets will not know that their target has been changed.

Attributes: If there are no kill capable Mafia members left you will become a Mafioso.

Attack: None.

Defense: None.

Unique: Yes.

Goal: Kill anyone who will not submit to the Mafia.

Wins With/Must Kill/Can Spare: Mafia Win Conditions.

Information:

This works a little like the Witch, but not exactly. These are the differences:

- The Rerouter Will Not Learn Their Target's Role.

- The Rerouter Does Not Have A One Time Basic Defense.

- The Rerouter Is A Mafia Role.

- The Rerouter Cannot Choose Who Their Target Targets. The Target's Target is chosen at random.

- Even if someone has no visit ability, the Rerouter will make them visit someone at random anyway. The target's visit will do nothing, but a Tracker and/or Lookout could see them visit someone else. This also happens if a person does have a night ability but does nothing.

- The Rerouter Is A Role Idea While The Witch Is An Official Town Of Salem Role.

Anyhow, this role would most likely confuse everyone, including the Mafia. The Rerouter's interesting ability to make someone RANDOMLY target another would cause quite the chaos if used correctly.

Example:

Bob the Rerouter selects James to randomly visit someone. James is a Sheriff. James was originally going to interrogate Mary, but the Rerouter made him randomly target someone else. 

James does not know that the Rerouter used their ability on them. 

James then instead visits John, interrogating them instead of Mary. James will receive John's results, but, James would probably think that he was getting Mary's results.

Example:

Bob the Rerouter selects Adam to randomly visit someone else. Adam is a Survivor. Adam was originally going to not vest that night, but the Rerouter made him randomly visit someone.

Adam does not know that the Rerouter used their ability on them.

Adam then visits Mary. Adam does nothing. But, Adam's visit counts and so a Tracker and/or Lookout would see them visiting Mary. A Werewolf would also maul Adam if Adam were to visit a Werewolf's target.

Mechanics:

- The Rerouter cannot select another Mafia member to Reroute.

- If a target is jailed, the Rerouter will not Reroute them.

- The Rerouter will not know who their target randomly visited. (Up For Change?)

Investigative Results:

Sheriff: Your target is a member of the Mafia!

Investigator: Your target disrupts others. They could be an Escort, Consort, Transporter, or the Rerouter!

Consigliere/Witch: Your target makes others visit by random. They must be the Rerouter!

Sample Texts:

You have decided to reroute ____ tonight.

You have changed your mind.

You instead decide to reroute ____ tonight.

Sample Text (Spy):

Someone visited your target, but, they did nothing.

Achievements:

Rerouted. - Win One Game As The Rerouter. - TP5.

Rererouted. - Win Five Games As The Rerouter. - TP10.

Rerereouted. - Win Ten Games As The Rerouter. - TP25.

Deception Mastermind. - Win Twenty-Five Games As The Rerouter. - TP50.

Werewolf Bait. - Reroute Someone Only To Have Them Mauled By A Werewolf That Night. - TP10.

What Were They Doing? - Reroute Someone To Do A Useless Visit, Only To Have Them Watched By A Tracker And/Or Lookout. - TP10.

Knee Slapper. - Reroute The Jester. - TP10.

A Push In The Wrong Direction. - Reroute Someone Only To Visit An Alerting Veteran. - TP10.

Mayor Rerouted. - Kill The Mayor Somehow By Rerouting. - TP10.