Chapter 16

Recap:

We all climb onto the rock in front. Uncle Uriah  and Dad stand in front, then Mom and I, and lastly Nadia and Samantha.

We pull back the lichen, revealing the last thing we ever expected.

Ok back to the chapter

There are 2 large metal doors, one with a sign reading "Teens", and the other "Adults."

"What the hell is this?" Dad examines the doors.

I walk forward slowly, careful of my surroundings. My hand traces over the door. There is a pattern carved over the worn metal. I recognize it as the old faction symbols.

"Dad, I think this is safe." I mumble. I brush off the moss, revealing a small door knocker.

"Can I?"

"I guess." Dad backs up behind me. I knock, and almost instantly the door swings open.

"Hellooooo divergents!" A loud man yells as we step in. I laugh,"What is this?"

"Well only the finest most exciting divergent teen club, brought to you by the DPA! Teen Vibe! Your adult buddies should go over there, while your gal pals can follow me! Don't worry about anything, I promise we wont hurt you!" He explains.

This is all so...odd. But, I go with it.

"Dad?" I ask.

He nods, trusting this off situation.

I grab the girls hands as we walk in, amazed at our surroundings. "Everything you could possible need is provided, just ask staff. Have fun!"

I look around, finding all kinds of rooms. Altogether, there is a giant buffet, a game room with all sorts of devices, a TV room with a gigantic HD screen, and an arcade with pool, airhockey, a pool, ticket counters, and all sorts of other things.

This is all so amazing! "What do you guys want to do first?" I ask Nadia and Sam. Sam walks off before she can say anything.

"Well, what do you want to do?" I laugh, asking Nadia again.

"First let's dry off a little, then, I could eat, let's go check out what they have." Nadia answers, leading the way to the buffet.
We grab towels, and pat dry. Then, we grab plates and look over the food. I grab a hot dog, crackers and some cheese cubes.

We sit down on a couch away from the crowd, focused only on food. When I finish, we actually talk about how weird this situation is.

"Isn't it so confusing how this place just popped up? How we happened to be in the right place?" Nadia says, glancing at all the teens dancing around.

"I know, but we might as well enjoy it!" I respond, standing up.

"Do you want to play some air hockey?" She suggests, walking over to the game room.

"Sure."

We reserve the air hockey table for an hour, figuring someone else can take the rest of our time.

"Ready to lose?" Nadia smirks.
"That's such a funny joke!" I reply with an evil look.
*silence*
"You couldn't think of a comeback could you." I laugh.

She looks down, embarrassed.

We start playing, and it quickly gets mean. Nadia hits way too hard, making the puck fly in the air once or twice. Still, I manage to win both games, leaving Nadia whining in defeat.

I realize it got so intense I started sweating bad. "I'll be right back, I need to wash my face off." I tell Nadia, walking over to the bathroom.

I dampen a paper towel, and wipe off my face. I look in the mirror, making sure everything looks ok, since I am still in a bikini.