Chapter 21

Blake's POV

I nervously walk up the door, not sure if I'm ready for this. I had been thinking I wanted to ask out Natalie for a while, but her Dad has kept scaring me. I finally decided I would ask him first. I knock gently, knowing Natalie had gone down to the gym with her mother. 

Mr. Eaton opens the door, an unamused look etched into his face, "Oh. It's you, come in." 

"Thank you sir." I step inside, surprised by the cleanliness of their apartment. 

Knowing Natalie, I expected it to be a little messy, but seeing her father now reminds me he likes order. "How are you doing sir?" I ask, starting a little bit of small talk. 

He nods, "Very well, thank you. Now is there something specific you came here to ask me?" 

I gulp, pushing aside my nervousness, "I, yes there is. I have been spending a lot of time with Natalie, and..." 

He stops me, "I think I know where this is going."

I nod, "Yes, well, I was wondering if I, er, if I could go on a date with her?" 

He looks reluctant to answer, but starts the interrogation, "You two are the same age, correct?" 

I nod stiffly. 

"You two are good friends, and like each other?" 

I chuckle, "Well, I am pretty sure she likes me." 

He smiles, a good sign, "Where would you take her?" 

"The fields, probably. Except, not the orchard." 

"Great, now tell me, is this really something you want to do? Do you truly want to protect my daughter?" He looks me straight in the eyes, eyebrows furrowed. 

"I-I, yes. I like her very much, and love spending time with her. As for protecting her, I think we can both handle ourselves well." I cockily snap a finger, showing flames. Mr. Eaton is not amused. 

"Well, are your parents okay with this?" He asks. 

I gulp, "Yes, my mom is okay with this." 

He sighs, evidently reluctant, "Well, Blake, I see no reason you can not go on a date with her. Please, take care of my daughter." 

I nod, grinning, "Thank you Mr.E." 

---------------------------

Natalie's POV

When Mom and I get back from the gym, I get straight into a warm bath. We did an extra 30 minutes, and an extra lap around the main "Pit". Soaking in the warmth helps relax my tense muscles. I close my eyes, just trying to calm my body. I almost fall asleep, until somebody knocks on the door. 

My head darts upwards, as Mom talks, "Natalie, Blake is in the kitchen! Go talk to him and get out!" 

"Fine, thanks!" I yell at the door. 

I step out of the tub, and unplug the drain. I wrap a towel around my body, hurrying over to my room. A black lacy tank top, white skinny jeans, and those old Converse shoes, that used to be super popular, are sitting out on my bed. 

I dry off and change, as well as pull my hair into a high ponytail. Finally ready, I walk out to the kitchen, and see Blake talking to Mom. "So what names are you thinking?" Blake asks her, grinning. 

"Well, I was thinking of 5 different names, Ashlen, Emmy, Mila, Eliza and Katie. Of course, there are only 2 kids so I don't know how I'll narrow it down." She says, a hand on her stomach.