Butterflies

¤OH MY GOSH THANK YOU FOR OVER 9K+ READS, I SWEAR THIS IS THE BEST MOMENT OF MY NON-EXISTENT LIFE!! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVELY SUPPORT AND COMMENTS, ILYSM!!! TYSM!!!😢♡¤

Sorry it's so short, school got in the way, that f*cking mountain in the middle of my road known as life. ¡contains suicide¡■

-Lance's POV-

"Ungh." I gasped, hand pressed against my side in a fruitless attempt to stop the red that dripped down onto the ground from between my fingers. "N-No." I reached out for my teammates, hand shaking, "Let them go!" Lotor smirked, his eyes glinting maliciously. "Poor Lance," He purred, "I have your teammates all to myself." Shiro struggled against the bonds that prevented his hands from moving. Pidge was huddled up against Hunk, and Keith scowled at Lotor. I jerked to a stop, breathing heavily as blood flowed out of the bullet wound in my side. "You have us. So what's stopping you from killing us?" I asked, smiling slightly. Keith glared at me, his eyes smoldering. "Oh no, Blue Paladin." Lotor frowned, "I'm afraid you're mistaken. I have everyone but you." I narrowed my eyes, "I'm bleeding out, it's not like it would be much of a challenge." I said sarcastically. Lotor prowled in front of the other Paladins, amusement present in his eyes. "I want something from you." Lotor stated bluntly, and my eyes widened.

"What do you want?"

I asked, my gloves painted red with my own blood. "I want you." Lotor purred, and Shiro shook his head. "Lance, don't give him anything-" A guard pointed his gun at Shiro's head and he stopped talking. "And if I don't give you what you want?" He smirked. "I'll kill your friends and leave." I winced. "You'll let them go, if you get what you want?" I asked, vision blurring slightly. Lotor nodded, eyes narrowing. "I'll let them go unharmed and with their lions. I smiled slightly.

"Well then, I guess I'm yours."

I laughed, grinning. Lotor's face widened in surprise. Shiro's face fell in shock. "Lance! Are you-" Lotor cut him off, walking up to me. "Welcome home, my little Blue Paladin." He purred, his fingers trailing down my face. I surpressed a shudder, smiling as my friends were allowed freedom, their bonds cut. "LANCE! ARE YOU-" Keith roared, but I looked away. "I'll be fine, you guys are okay, and that's all that matters." I said, whirling around to face Lotor, who smiled warmly at me. Shiro slowly turned away, pushed forwards towards his lion as Lotor placed an arm around my shoulder. "I'm not leaving without Lance." Keith growled, but Shiro grabbed his arm. "Keith, we have no choice." Shiro said softly, and I watched as my teammates safely boarded their lions, activating them. "Now then." I sighed, shrugging away from Lotor and activating my bayard. "You can't kill me, boy." Lotor snarled, a hundred Galaran soldiers pointing their guns at me. I was faintly aware of my teammates freezing, lions stilling.

"No, but I can kill me."

I breathed, aiming the barrel of my gun at my chest and pulling the trigger.

Everything bled into an inky dark, and butterflies flew through the air as the world dissolved into absolute nothingness.