Prologue

Being a relationship with somebody who has a well-known name is a difficult thing. You cannot go and date them without their manager's permission. If they allowed you two, there are a lot of rules— no holding hands, maintain a great distance between us, any sort of physical contact, most specially a physical contact involving two lips colliding and any public display of attention that would catch anyone's attention and suspect that there is something more going on between two of us. 

Why can't we be just a two girls hanging out? No malice or anything, just a pure platonic relationship. I mean, friend's do holding hands, they hug, and go outside and have fun. Because every time we decided to go out for a date or to just eat a meal, we have to have a company of one of our friends. So that, when we get spotted out it will only look like a group of friends hanging out or eating outside. Nothing more.

But, of course, not everyone believes that. There are some who ship us and make those video analysis of Selena's and I's social media activities and of those pictures and videos paparazzi had taken us. Which makes me somehow happy because there are at least some who notice and accept us even though we told them we're just friends. No matter how sickening to hear the word 'friends'.

I wanted to tell the world that there's something going on and we are not friends but I don't want to risk her and her career. I don't want to risk us. Knowing that the society we are living in still has not accept the fact that a woman loving woman, and a man loving a man exist. That there are a lot of things had changed since then.

Only trusted family members and friends know about us.

Selena Marie Gomez is her name. We're together since she was 18 and I was sixteen— not totally together but we both had mutual feelings for each other. You know, a typical teenage love. Before she got publicized with Justin Bieber to sky rocket both of their careers. I knew from the start that he had a thing for her but it was okay to me because I trusted her and I think I thought I was enough, my love was enough for me to have her heart. But then, I noticed that as the days had passed, the more dates and going out they had... I knew Selena was slowly falling in love with him. 

She denied it to me but her actions told me otherwise. Plus, I already had seen it coming. And, that broke my heart in trillion billion pieces. Watching the one you thought would never love someone else, love somebody else. She had assured me that it was all pure business but a relationship that was build out of pure business don't look at each other like that. But I still believed her, anyway. We kept our relationship hidden. I was the one she came home every time they had no business to do outside. That was all okay for me.

But every date they had made it to news and articles. So, I stayed out of social media as much as possible to keep my sanity intact. Sometimes I want to ask her— 'Why can't you just go out in your date without making any headlines?' even though I know it was out of her control. Can you blame me?

But seeing her smiles melt my heart. I don't know. No matter how she break my heart, I still could not bring myself to hate her. I love seeing her all smiley. It makes me forget all the pain but at the same time— it hurts because I'm not the reason of that smile on her face.

But when Justin broke Selena's heart multiple times made my blood boil. I knew that there's a part of her who loved him. I'm not blind. But how dare he? I did not take care of her heart just for him to break it. No matter how hypocrite I sounded, I was kind of relief when they ended their relationship. 

And, I hope that would be the last publicity she has to do...

To Be Continue...