Chapter 35

Selena's POV

I was just walking in the parking lot outside the mall looking to those two, when I say those two— it was Theresa and Ashley. I heard couple of clicks behind those cars that parked there.

I looked around and “Oh! I'm sorry I wasn't looking—” I stopped in the middle of my sentence when I see the girl I bumped into was looks like her. “Wait, is that you? Y/n?” I asked.

The girl finally looked up and boom! Right she is.

“Oh! Hi?” she said awkwardly. Yeah it's indeed awkward here. It's so awkward to bumped into someone who is you ex. That's the awkward thing on earth.

“Hi! How are you? Why are you here all alone?” I asked.

“I'm going to ask the same thing, but hmm yeah I'm good thanks and just bought new clothes? How about you?” she asked back.

“Well same,” I answered.

“Wanna go and walk around with me since the two left me?” I heard her chuckled for the first time since we didn't contacted each other after her graduation.

“Sure let me just put this inside the car,” she said.

“Wait let me help you there,” I said before she turned around.

“These two paperbags are not that heavy,” she said.

“I don't care,” I said. I feel the awkwardness between us were slowly slipping away. That's good.

“Argh! Okay fine so stubborn!” she said and I took the paperbags from her.

“Where's your car?” I asked. I repeated it in the second time and I snapped my fingers at her.

She finally came back to reality, “Oh! huh?” she asked.

“I said where's your car so we can put these all?” I repeated.

“I'm sorry,” she apologized and turned her heels and lead the way to where her car is.

So awkward,’ I heard her whispered under her breath.

Yeah true,’ I whispered back and I reassured that she heard it.

“Thanks,” she said once she shut her car's door.

“No problem,” I smiled and she smiled.

We walked away from the parking lot to the mall and there are couple of clicks could here ten meters away from us.

We passed the security and, “Is it just me or there are really paparazzi outside?” she asked, “They are really outside, there!” I pointed my finger to the one that hiding behind a black car.

“We can see you there!” I pretended shouting.

She chuckled, “Yeah! Stupid!” she imitated.

We walked around the mall and stopped for awhile because there was fans that wants to take a picture with me.

“Sorry about that,” I apologized.

“It's okay,” she replied. I looked at my phone to see what time is now and it's already lunch.

“Wanna eat something? It's already lunch.” I offered and she nodded but before we started to walk there's voices approaching us behind. We both turned our heads to see a waving Theresa and Ashley all smiling.

We both chuckled, “That two,” I shook my head. They ran to us.

“Hey! We're looking for you, why did you left us?” Theresa asked.

“You both left me, not left you. I was just looking something there and I turned around and you guys are gone!” I stated.

“It's good see you again Y/n!” she then hugged Y/n, she hugged back and followed by Ashley.

“Likewise,” Y/n replied.

“You guys already eat lunch? Cause we're not.” I said.

“Nope.” they both replied at the same time.

“Come on! We're about to go and eat lunch but you guys are approaching us waving all smiley!” I said and we laughed.

“We're looking for you and Theresa was joking about something about you til we found you here with her.” Ashley confessed.

“Come on! I'm hungry!” Theresa said and walked fast and we followed behind.

“Damn you're so fast!” I said once we entered Greenwhich catching my breath.

“I'm hungry,” she said and I walked in the cashier and ordered us our lunch.

We both argued who's going to pay in the cashier and I won, “Why can't I pay for once?!” she groaned.

“You're too slow giving the money,” I teased and found a table in the corner. Well the paps are going to get paid high today— you know what I mean. Our table is near the glass and they could take us a good shots.

“Am not! But apparently that's true,” she admitted. We sat opposite to each other and same to the two.

“How's life?” I asked. The girls are just listening to us.

“Cool just a bit stressed,” she answered, “How about you?” she asked me.

“I could say the same,” I then sliced my lasagna and put it inside my mouth.

I looked at the two and they are giving me weird looks and I don't know what is it. I gave them a 'what' look. They just snickered.

She looked down to her food and that give me a chance to study her features. She changes a lot— in a good way. Her eyes were shinning so bright and that's give me a picture that Camila is doing her job so good— to make her happy. Even though their relationship isn't out yet? 

If you are going to ask me how I feel right now? I'll answer; I feel so good because after months, we see each other again and sad at the same time because she was now happy and I'm glad to hear and to see that but it's just— I'm not the reason why. And I hated it, I hated it, I hated it and I hated it.

I missed her so damn much and I regretted not choosing her over him. I hated what happened that night and everything I did that broke our relationship until now. I didn't deleted everything we had in my phone our pictures, videos, voicemails and even her phone number, everything.

She hasn't left my mind since that night and there's a fang in my heart everytime I thought of her with someone else or with her— Camila.

I'm not here to come in the picture, to come between them, to ruin everything. I'm here to be her friend. Yah friend that's stung. And I'll accept that she's not mine to claim anymore and I'm willing to take the pain as long as she is happy. I deserved that, it's all my fault in the first place.

I tore my gaze on her and immediately looked down to my food pretending that I didn't stared at her once she looked up. I finally decided to looked up to be greeted by her charming smile and I smiled back.

••••

“You miss her so much?” Theresa asked me once we entered my house and Ashley was already gone because her mom is looking for her so she needed to go early.

I only nodded my head and sat down on the couch, “I missed her so much and I was so stupid to choose him over her.” I said as the hot liquid poured my cheeks. I immediately wiped it in the back of my palm.

“Don't say that. You just do stupid things but you're not stupid.” she said. No matter how I tried to stop myself from crying but my eyes won't let me. I felt two slender arms wrapped around and that I let my walls down.