Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

I groaned when I heard my alarm went off. I reached to turn it off with one eye open. It's only four in the morning. I sat up my eyes are still close, I messed my hair and rubbed both of my eyes and got out of the bed. Before I made my way to the bathroom, I checked my phone if there's a text or call from my girlfriend and I received nothing.

"Great.", I said more like a whisper in sleepy tone and threw my phone on the bed and stretched out my whole body, yawned and made my way to the bathroom. I opened the shower in cold water and did my morning routine.

I went to my closet and grab a peach three fourth sleeves and a white high waisted jeans. I stop in the midst of wearing my sweat shirt when I heard noises coming from the kitchen. I went downstairs as I was wearing my top. My eyes landed on her back. It's Courtney. She was cooking something.

"Good morning!", I said.

"Oh!", she exclaimed and turned to my direction holding her chest..

"What the- Don't scare me like that!" she said still holding her chest.

"Sorry." I apologized as I sat on the stool.

"It's okay, by the way good morning how's your sleep?", she asked. I greet her back and answered her question 'good'.

"Why ar—", before I finished my question she already cut me then answer my question.

"Sel sent me to accompany you today so that's why I'm here.", she answered as if she already read my mind. I frowned.

'Of course, she is busy.' I thought.

"Here.", she slided the plate on the table, to me.

"Thanks.", I said and started eating my food as she is. Silence fell around us. She cleared her throat and I looked at her.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. You?", I gave her a fake smile and threw my attention back to my food.

"Same.", she replied. I just nodded my head in response. Silence laced around, once again. Which I didn't mind since I didn't have anything to say.

My gaze went to her. She was playing with her food, staring at it. She seemed in deep thoughts, battling over something.

"Courtney?", she didn't move an inch.

"Hey.", I tried once again and this time I was snapping my finger.

"Uh.", she looked at me, "Did you say something?", she asked. I shook my head.

"You seems into deep thought. What is it? Tell me.", I said, kind of intrigued of what was in her mind.

"It's nothing.", she said dismissively.

"Are you sure? I'm here. I'll listen.", I softly said.

"Thank you.", she said giving me a small smile.

"Ahmm.. By the way thanks for company. I need to go.", I stood up. "You can go now if you want.", I said then drunk my juice.

"I'm here 'til you get home.", I internally groaned because I won't have my solitude now.

" Okay...feel at home and don't burn this appartment." I said remembering the last time she cooked and burnt it. She sent me a glare which I laughed.

"Don't be late.", she said as she put our dishes to the sink.

"Yes, mom! Bye!", I kid and kissed her cheek. I grabbed my bag and phone and put an earphone to my ears.

"Bye!", I said once again and closed the door.