Chapter 11

A/N: I'm liking the third person's pov.

---

They cuddled as the two usually do after they took shower and changed the bedsheet. Selena was the first one to fall asleep, Y/N on the other hand could not. She was laying her head on the singer's chest as her mind was running. The song Selena wrote with Kyrre was lingering in her mind since she heard it earlier.

–we were back to seventeen, she remembered, and she knew it was about what she felt for him. No, she was not hurt about it or something. Because there was, But I know I won't be home... And you'll be on your own, she did not know she was singing it also in her head which made her laugh silently at herself. It was stuck in her head because it was catchy aside from, she was mentally analyzing it. The song was about how she had enough of everything, had enough with him. The younger did not know if she understood it right and remind herself to ask the singer about it.

Her mind went back to how they were so young and dumb. They broke up when Selena had admitted she was catching feelings with the Canadian and Y/N could not do anything but to let her go. She could not force their relationship to stay when the one was not committed to her anymore. They stayed as friends.

It broke her more when he broke her heart. It was happy at first, as every relationship has, but then, it worse as it went long. She and Taylor had seen everything Selena went through, her tears, how broken she was because of him. Taylor could not stand it and started secretly disliking her best friend's relationship with him and Y/N knew that. She was the one the taller ranting about it with. It became their topic of conversation whenever they met, of course, Selena did not know that. Honestly, they became close because of that. As weird and offensive as it sounded but it was true.

"Y/N?", Selena called, her voice was groggy. She just hummed in response.

"Why you still up?", the sleepy Latina asked.

"I couldn't sleep.", Y/N whispered closing her eyes.

"Tell me about it.", Selena said as her eyes were closed, and her mind was trying to be awake. She felt the older started to brush her fingertips on her hair making her relaxed more and she closed her eyes and snuggled closer.

She was hesitant to asked about it but did it anyway, "I was thinking who your song meant to?", she said in small voice, half-wishing the Latina did not hear her. The question made Selena became fully awake but could easily fall asleep if she wanted to.

"Not who but about how I feel about him... my realization about everything, you know.", she answered truthfully. Selena smiled at what was bothering the younger. And she found it cute.

Y/N's thoughts were confirmed. And she felt relieved, somehow.

"I love you. I hope you know that.", she said pulling her closer, kissing her head.

"I do. I love you too.", Y/N said before yawning and burying her face in Latina's neck.

The next following days, Y/N was left alone in their apartment during the day while Selena was outside with her PR boyfriend for a show. She stayed laying on the bed as she stared at the ceiling thinking how she hated being alone and at the same time used at the idea of it.

Her phone alarmed and she ignored it. She had let it ring 'til she could not bear it anymore, and eventually turned her body to reach her phone, on the nightstand, to turn it off. But she did not slide it right. It was snoozed. She had waited for it to alarmed before fully getting off the bed and do her morning routine.

She made her way to the kitchen while Y/N was wearing her sweatshirt on her way. She opened the fridge to see a few goods inside but not the type to eat for breakfast. She decided to go for a black coffee and a sandwich. While the Latina was making her breakfast, her mind went to the other Latina who would, for sure, be furious when she found out that Y/N did not go to buy groceries. To the singer's interpretation of that was Y/N was starving herself and that the younger's excuse was her fridge is empty but Selena was not wrong though.