Chapter 12

A/N: College is occupying most of my time lately... Sorry about that

Have you seen Sel's My mind & Me?

I cried the whole time, I couldn't watch my baby that way 😭 I don't think I can watch it twice

Anyway, you know the drill ;)

-

"What's wrong?", Y/n asked reaching her hand but the brunette pulled it away. She pursed her lips in when Selena did that.

"I-... I don't know what's going on in your head and why you're acting like this... Did I do something?", the younger surprising still in her calm demeanour trying to understand her girlfriend.

"Are you cheating on me?", Y/n looked at the singer taken back trying to think where this is coming from.

Selena was deadly looking at the foot of the small table in front of them as her mind spirals over the pictures her girlfriend she had seen on the internet.

"Of course not! I'm not! I would never.. Why would you think I'd do-"

"It's basically a Yes or No question, Y/n!", she cut her off not taking her gaze off the foot of the table.

"No, I didn't.", Y/n's voice came out a whisper as she was trying to process the accusation. It was hurting her feelings that Selena would think of her like that. At the same time, she was confused of what's this all about.

"Who's the btch, anyway?", the older Latina mumbled, crossing her arm, finally looking to Y/n who's now looking down.

"Remember the one I told you about who I met at the party we went before and who kept bugging me to sign up to some modelling company that I'm not insterested about...? That's the btch I was with.", the younger Latina sighed and didn't expect any reply from Selena.

She felt tears forming her eyes and blinked it away and took a quiet deep breath. Y/n knew it's about the pictures spreading online. It was taken in an angle that made it look like she was kissing her friend. The younger brunette wasn't worrying about it earlier because she thought Selena won't take it seriously. Selena knows how media will do everything to make an issue that will attract insights to their algorithm.

"It was taken in a wrong angle taking it in out of context. You know I would never... You trust me right?", she badly wanted to reach Selena's hand but she's afraid of the singer pulling it away. She played the hem of her sweatshirt instead.

Selena stayed quiet. She knew she trust Y/n but she didn't know why she couldn't say it. Maybe this was her way of driving Y/n to edge to see if this time she'd walk away.

I don't deserve her.

Y/n nod her head, mouthing an "okay" when she received no answer from her girlfriend and scoot away from close distance she had with the singer, putting the singer to her personal space. She couldn't believe it. Y/n knew about her insecurities, that's why she was so careful with everything that she knew would trigger that. She had witnessed Selena breakdown at some time after the rehearsal and Y/n couldn't witnessed her in that situation, again.

"Funny how you call that cheating, when obviously it is not, but failed to address what you were doing.", she scoffed referring to the PR Selena had with other male in the industry, ignoring the feeling in her chest.

Selena was surprised to that. Y/n was never the one to make comments. Maybe she had finally pushed Y/n to edge and she didn't know whether to consider a party for that or not.

"I don't receive any call and text from you whenever you're out with him though I never ask you to... because I trust you.", Y/n said out of nowhere. It was no longer about the cheating accusation anymore but the trust they had for one another.