Chapter 20

Y/n's POV

Okay the past months was just an ordinary day for me. Going to school to finish up my college. I want to be a pediatrician. I love children and it's not obvious to me.

And those ordinary months I noticed something about Selena, she's a bit strange to me lately and I don't if it was just me? She was being cold towards me and that hurts. She always declining when I ask her to go out me, declining my calls reasoning she's busy and she needed to declined my call because phone is not allowed during that time but she's doing it every time. Not texting me back quickly. She's always hanging out with him forgetting she have girlfriend who's waiting for her to come home. Yes she rarely come home. I felt like it doesn't feel like home anymore. I don't know. I just found it strange to her. I don't know if it is good or bad?

And what hurts the most is she forgot my birthday... Okay change topic, I don't want to talk about it.

I begged my parents to buy me a condominium since I don't have work to produce my own money, yet. They asked me why and I told them that sometimes I need some time alone away from everything, and they understand that. So they bought me and I told them don't tell anyone about that.

I'm currently in my condominium, laying on my bed thinking about those months. I didn't know that I was crying till I felt a salty hot liqui fell down to my cheeks coming from my left eye and touched my lips. And according to psychology when the tears came out first from the left eye it means it was pain. I believe that because that is what I'm feeling right now.

I grabbed my phone and wiped my sticky face from crying. I looked at myself to the reflection of my phone. My face looks different when I'm crying. I opened my phone and go to facebook app. I scrolled down and I read some quotes and facts that some pages that I liked posted. And there's a quote that caught my attention, it's actually relates to what situation I'm in right now. Saying;

"Why can't you just me what you feel, because how you act is confusing me"

I copied it to my clipboard and I give credit to the person who wrote that before posting it. A moment later notifications blew up my phone, asking who was that? and other things. And what made me shock is I received a message from my girlfriend.

The post?
          ✉️ 12:30 pm

Okay, I already know what does that means. Does my recent post affecting her?, I thought. This is interesting, she feels guilty haha.

What?     
✉️ Sent 12:35

I waited for her reply but instead of reply, she is calling me right now. I quickly put my phone on my ear and it answered automatically, you know some phone today are made for lazy people. I think a lot of new phone today, just put the phone on your ear the call will answered automatically same as if you are the who calling.

“Hey?” I said in my normal tone.

Don't hey me! What's with that post?!’ I could sense the annoyance from the tone of her voice. Don't be surprise if I reply her with the same voice she has right now. She always starting everything.

“I just shared it.” with no emotion evident to my voice.

Really?!

“Why are you so annoying right now?!”

I'm not the one who's annoying!she objected.

“Why?! Why does my post affecting you? Did it strike you a sting of guilt?!” I yelled over the phone. I heard nothing from the other line but a silence.

“Why can you just answer my post?” I said calmly and I repeated the quote to her. I can hear my heart beating faster. Half of me don't want to hear her answer and the half of me wants it because it's too good to hear the truth than to live a relationship that full of lies.

I—... I—..’ she can't form any words. I can't help but to sob covering my mouth trying to not make any sounds but I failed.

Don't cry babe, I'm sorry where are you?she asked. Once she asked where I am, I immediately got up and grabbed my car keys. I locked the door of my condo and get outside the building and got inside my car and drove off to our apartment since she was asked me where I was and I said I'm in our apartment.

I'm uncontrollably crying since before I drove off here until now. The front door busted open to see her breathing heavily and ran to me and hugged me. I tried to pull away from her but I failed, I punched her chest when she's trying to hug me.

“Please a-answer me Selena. Why— Why are you acting s-so weird all these months?” I sob on her chest.

“I'm sorry... I-I'm sorry.” she sobbed.

We calmed. She said that I deserve an explanation for what she acted these past months.

We both facing each other in the living room. She's playing her fingers. I cleared my throat that made her stop playing her fingers.

“Please be honest with me.” I managed to say without getting my voice crack. She explained everything how confused she was about her feelings for me and for him, that broke my heart because you're love of your life slowly getting confuse to what they felt for you. Yeah I understand that, I understand her, I understand what she felt.

While she's explaining everything. Of course both of us are crying. She started to hyperventilate. I immediately sit down next to her and pulled her into hug.

“Shhhh.. Calm down, take a deep breath. You might get panick attack, again.” she did what I said. I wiped her tears.

“I—.... I'm s-sorry.” she sobbed. There's something that she's not telling me and I can read it through her eyes. And I heard her talking to her phone last month saying, ‘No! Don't tell her, don't tell Y/N!’ after I heard that I asked her but she always saying it's nothing, sometimes she's avoiding me for the whole day after I asked her about that and she always dropping the topic off and changing it.

“I understand baby. I forgive you and I'm so sorry too for—.. for overreacting.. I-... I'm hurt... I'm sorry.” I apologized. She wipep my tears and hugged me saying it's her fault.