Chapter 22

Reminder Minami and Yurio are both 19. See above photo if it makes you feel better about it!

Pichit

We set up camp at what was left of the First House. Rows of tents had been put up including a mess tent where we served soup and bread for supper. I had worked alongside Mila in the medical tent for hours.

For a vampire she knew a lot about humans.  I suppose it comes with the territory. Anyway I was grateful for her help today.

I walked Victor back to his tent and bid him goodnight. He didn't speak. He inclined his chin and walked through the flaps.

I turned and let him be. I understood what he was feeling. I watched Yurio and Otabek enter their tent before heading back to my own.

I sighed entering my tent. I tugged my shirt over my head and tossed it aside.

As I turned movement caught the corner of my eye and I reacted. I instinctively pounced and landed on top of a surprised Minami. He lay back on my bed in shock.

His large eyes stared into mine. Emotions flicked through his wide eyes. Humor, amusment and lust?

"I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you." I relaxed and sat back on my heels. I blushed realizing my legs still straddled his hips.

I blinked as his hands found my hips and held me in place.

"It's okay." He smiled widely.

"Thank you for your help today. I really appreciate it." I smiled.

"Anything for you." He grinned.

Minami reached up and cupped my cheek. His face turned bright pink as he bit his lip. My heart thrummed in my chest as I stared into his eyes.

I leaned close and slowly pressed my lips against his. He smirked against my lips and grabbed my face in his hands pulling me into him.

My eyes widened in surprise a moment before I chuckled into the kiss and slipped my tongue into his mouth. A small moan escaped him breaking the silence around us.

I pulled back smiling. I leaned close ready to kiss him again when a howl in the distance gave me pause.

Minami looked to me quizzically.

"What was that?" He asked as I jumped off of him heading toward the flap of the tent.

I poked my head outside to see Yurio and Otabek emerging from their tent throwing on clothes.

"Pichit!" JJ called.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's Victor. He's gone." Mila cried running towards us.

"Yeah, that." JJ nodded breathless.

I felt a warm hand fall on my shoulder and turned to see Minami holding my shirt. I sighed tossing it over my head.

"JJ, take Yurio and Otabek and see if you can track him. Minami and I are going to the war room. Sara and Mickey you are on patrol. Chris, Lee and Mila could you assist us in the war room?" I asked. They nodded as our group dispersed.

Don't lose it now Victor. We need you. Yuri needs you.

VICTOR

I whipped the car around another corner. I blew through red lights and blaring horns. I kept seeing the message over and over again behind my eyes.

Vitya,

I've been doing research of my own. I have a hunch to where Nishigori moved Katsuki. Meet me at the Red Dragon Hotel.