Chapter 10

VICTOR

I walked with Yuri back to my room. Once inside he turned to me with reddened cheeks, and tears brimming his eyes.

"Yuri, what's wrong?" I asked genuinely concerned. I stepped closer to him but thought better of touching him. Instead my hands hovered before me not sure what to do.

"All of this happened because of me. I'm the one that Nishigori wants. I'm the reason my family was hurt and the reason you lost someone. It's all because I'm me.

If I wasn't weak or even nauseous at the thought of blood and violence then none of this would have happened.

There wouldn't be a war and- and you wouldn't have to worry about me. You wouldn't have to go against your own family for me." Yuri clenched his hands into fists at his sides as tears silently trecked down his cheeks.

I felt an ache deep inside my chest. I don't know what made me do it, but in a single stride I was across the room and crushing his lips against mine.

His eyes widened as our lips made contact but after a moment his eyes fluttered closed and his arms wrapped around my waist.

I drew back to look into his face. My thumbs wiped away his fresh tears.

"Dont cry Milaya moyA." I smiled into his face and kissed his tear streaked cheeks.

"How can you be so nice to me?" He asked grasping my hands and taking them away from his face. I noticed he gripped them tightly.

Because you are the first thing in my existance that made me want to be better. You are the only one who can get my dead heart beating again. You give me life and meaning, a purpose .

How do I say this without scaring him?

"I care about you. I was lost to you the moment I looked into your eyes." I said honestly casting my gaze to our hands still clasped between us.

This seemed to have gotten through to him. A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

"I-I care about you too Victor. It's why I believe handing me over will be the best decision." His brown eyes bore into mine.

Not this again.

"Yuri-" I sighed but he placed a hand over my mouth to silence me.

"I already made up my mind. It's going to happen and soon. I want to spend as much time with you now as I can. I don't know what will happen, but I believe in my family and friends. I especially believe in you." He whispered the last one.

"All I ask is that you let me go when the time comes. I couldn't- I can't-" He struggled to find the right words.

"I can't do that!" I cried intertupting him.
" I cant let you walk blindly to your death." I cupped his face in my hands.

He closed his eyes and sighed. He placed his hands over mine on his face. His cheeks were suddenly burning beneath my palms. He looked up into my eyes.

"Victor, will you make love to me?" He asked.

Wait what? Is this really happening? Someone pinch me!

"Is that really what you want Yuri?" I asked tilting his chin so he would meet my eye.

His face reddened from ear to ear as he nodded.

"I want to spend as much time with you as I can remember." He whispered.

Oooh, I did not see this coming.

"Of course LAskovaya moyA." I smiled sweetly. Though I tenderly called him my sweet in Russian I could see in his eyes he understood.

I walked him over to the bed. He stood before me nervously. I chuckled loosening the tie around his neck.