the nightmare

Marinette had stayed at her boyfriend Adrien's house for the weekend. It was one in the morning and they were sleeping soundly and cuddled closely together.
All was silent until the faint sound of whimpers erupted through the dark room. Adrien was shaken awake when marinette moved out of his arms and curled into a ball of light crying. He sat up with confusion; concern; and worry written on his face, and later a hand on her shoulder. Suddenly she began to cry out in fear.

She shot upright in a few milliseconds; screaming rather loudly. "Mari! Its OK Mari; your OK." He hugged her closely; her shaking body melting into his; almost instantly calming her down. "See? Your ok, and your with me." He lightly began to rock her back and forth; continuing these movements until the door opens rather rushed like. "Adrien; are you two OK? I herd screaming all the way in my room." Nathalie stated; walking in and close to the bed. "Actually Nathalie; Mari had a- a nightmare?" He looks down at Marinette who was just looking down at the blankets, and she nods at him, showing no emotion on her face. "Oh, I see, I'll bring your candles in a few minutes, while I'm doing that; I want you to try to get her to talk about it."

When the door shuts; Adrien positions them so she was laying against his shoulder. "Mari? Do you wanna tell me about your nightmare?" She shakes her head and leans against him."Why don't you wanna talk about it? It'll help you a lot." He stated; giving her side a light squeeze. "But...it was about you." Suddenly Adrien's heart broke. Did she dream That he died? " what about me? Tell me mari; I want to help." "But you'd hate me if I told you-!" Adrien stopped her mid-sob and connected their lips in a loving kiss. "Hate you? Never in a billion years." He stated with a loving smile. "Now; tell your hon what's wrong."

With a blush Marinette looks up at him, her face full of worry. " I dreamt...that you got akumatized... You chased my super hero self into an alley... And before I woke up...you punched me in the stomach with cataclysm." She tilted her head down as tears ran down her face, her not wanting Adrien to be mad at her. "Please don't be mad." He grabbed her chin and made her look at him. " I'm sorry to say this but I'm going to get mad if you keep apologising." He leans forward and softly kisses her on the lips. "You can't help it if you have a dream like that. I will never be mad at you for having a nightmare."

Nathalie enters with two jars in her hands. "How's she doing?" She asks motioning towards Marinette, who had later down in Adrien's lap. "She's half asleep now." With a warm smile Nathalie handed Adrien the candles, before easily walking out the room closing the door. "Mari, let's get up in the bed." She slowly nods and Adrien gently lifts her like a child pulling the covers back to lay her down tucking her in. "I love you Adrien." He picks up a candle and starts lighting it. "I love you too bugaboo." He kisses her on the forehead and lays down beside her. " and by the way my love, I would never hurt you. Akumatized or not, you are to special." Silence follows along with Marinette's light snores. There was nothing else to disturb them that night, and Marinette's sleep  was filled with beautiful dreams.

End