CHAPTER 9

Jessica's POV:

The day flew by quite fast if you ask me. Before I knew it, school was over and it was time for cheer practice. Although I love cheer leading with all my heart I hated the practice time because it was the same time with the football team. It was also held in the school field. Which meant there are higher chances of meeting Cody again. Ugh just great. Cody has been annoying me ever since we met. I just don't get it sometimes. I'm trying really hard to keep away from him but he just keeps getting in my way. Why can't he just leave me alone? But from what I've heard, he's probably behaving in the same way he behaves to other girls. No wonder he's a player. He probably has done this to many other girls before me. This gives me enough reason just to stay away from him. He's trouble and I sure as hell don't want to get into trouble. My life is already crappy enough. I don't need to add anymore problems to it. As soon as the final bell rang, I made my way to the girl's room and got changed into something more comfortable. After that I made my way to the field where Kayla, Stephanie, Marie and Chloe were supposed to be waiting for me. On the way I received a message from mom asking how was my day. I was just replying her when I bumped into someone's chest hard. "Looks like we can't stop bumping into each other." I looked up and to prove me right Cody Christian was standing right in front of me. I felt like face-palming myself that very instant. Why? Because of my clumsiness, I bumped into Cody yet again. Why does this always happen to me? I should really be careful of where I'm heading. "You know, people say that if a guy and a girl constantly keep bumping into each other for no reason at all, they have a special connection." Cody said. "You think you and me have a connection? Please Cody, when will you realize that I will never fall for you like most girls do. When will you realize that I'm not the same? Just because you're handsome and stuff doesn't mean I will fall for that." "You think I'm handsome?" Cody asked me with a smirk. Crap, did I just call him handsome? I know he is very handsome but why did I have to say that to him? What's going on with you Jessica? Why are you thinking he's hot when you're clearly not supposed to? Ugh! I literally wanted to face-palm myself that very instant. I was being so stupid. How can I find this guy handsome when he's clearly of no good to you? After mentally arguing with myself for a while I said: "Just because I called you handsome doesn't mean that I'm head over heels for you Cody." He looked like he wanted to say something but I cut him off and continued: "I hope that you will stop annoying me because I seriously can't take it. Let this be my final warning to you." I said and left him in his spot speechless. He looked surprised at what I said but I just don't give a damn anymore. Let's hope that from this he will stop irritating me and leave me in peace.