CHAPTER 21

Jessica's POV:

Finally, the moment that I was most anxious about was here. We all headed out to the field where the game will be taking place. Moments after, both teams entered the field. I noticed that Cody was frantically searching for someone so I did a little wave in his direction. As soon as he noticed me I mouthed "You've got this" to him and he smiled at me in return. Ten minutes later, the game began which also was the start of our routine. We all grabbed our pom-poms and cheered with full of confidence. At the end of the first half, both teams were tied 1-1. At the end both teams were given a five minute break. This was when I was to perform my solo routine as part of an entertainment for the crowd. I nervously grabbed my pom-poms and made my way to the middle of the field. Kayla, Stephanie, Marie and Chloe all wished me luck and patted me on the shoulder. I looked at the crowd. All eyes were on me. I looked at both teams who were at the sides of the field resting. They too were all looking at me. My eyes roamed around them searching for Cody until my gaze fell on him. He gave me an encouraging smile and I returned it to him. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a second. As soon as I opened my eyes, the music began to play and I did my routine with all the confidence I had inside of me. I didn't bother to look at the crowd or even my friends. I just imagined that it was only me and no one else was there. As soon as I finished, everyone was on their feet clapping. I looked at Cody and he mouthed me "I told you so." I only smiled at him in return. As soon as I went back to my place, Kayla, Stephanie, Marie and Chloe all came to me and hugged me. "Do you know how great that was?" Kayla asked. "That was beyond awesome. You're skills are amazing!" Stephanie complimented me. "Thanks guys." I told them. At the end of the game our team won 3-1. Although they won our team still shook hands with the opposing team as a sign of good sportsmanship. After that, the winning trophy was presented to Cody who is the captain. He held the trophy in and posed happily with it in front of the camera. I thought about going over to congratulate Cody and the team but they were all surrounded by a large crowd of well-wishers so I decided to wait for Cody by his car just like he told me too. A while later, Cody arrived. He was surprised to see me waiting. "How long have you been waiting?" He asked. "Not for long. I was only here for ten minutes or so." I told him. "Congratulations on winning the game!" I congratulated him. "You guys did great out there." "Thanks. You too." He replied. "For what?" I asked him. "You were so awesome out there Jess. Did you know that?" Cody said. "You had no idea how many guys were watching you with awe. Some were even standing there with thier mouth hanging open." I broke into a fit of laughter and replied: "You can't possibly be serious Cody. Guys drooling over me? That's impossible." "I'm surprised that you never noticed Jess." Cody said. "Notice what Cody?" I asked him. "Loads of guys are head over heels for you. You just don't give them the time of the day Jess." Cody said. But something about the way his voice sounded when he said that told me he was jealous. But I wasn't really sure. Cody jealous of guys all over me? That's is very unlikely. He's the hottest guy in school. He can have any girl he wants. I brushed the thought out of my head. "Earth to Jessica." Cody said waving his hand in front of my face. "Huh? Did you say something Cody?" I asked him. "I said, shall we go now? We don't wanna be late for the party you know?" "Of course. Let's go." I replied. And we that we got into the car and drove off to Cody's house for the party.