CHAPTER 17

Cody's POV:

During lunch, we all got to know each other a little better. Looks like Jessica and I are finally getting along. Jessica seems to be comfortable around me and the guys. And the guy feel the same way as well. I'm glad that everything has turned out well. Hopefully this friendship will blossom into something more. What are you saying Cody? You just became friends and you want something more? Do you think she would feel the same way? Would you like to ruin everything that you have worked so hard for? I kept mentally fighting with myself for actually thinking these kind of things. I shouldn't be acting like this. I hate to admit it to myself but I think I'm in love with Jessica Williams and I will do my very best to make sure she is happy all the time.

Jessica's POV:

Today I made some new friends thanks to Cody. The guys are very nice and friendly. I can't wait to have fun with them. Speaking of fun, school's over and it's now time for practice. After practice, Cody and I will be going to fetch his brother. I seriously can't wait to see his brother. As soon as I headed to the field, I did some stretches and warm-ups. Mrs. Anderson then instructed to practice our cheer routine for the game. So we spread ourselves out and did as we were told. I tried to do my routine as well as possible. At the end of my routine, I heard clapping behind me. I turned around to see Cody there. "Why thank you." I said. "You girls did pretty well. You deserve a ten minute break." Mrs. Anderson said. "Jessica, can I have a word with you?"Mrs. Anderson asked. I turned to Cody and he told me to go ahead. "Yes. Mrs. Anderson." I said and walked towards her. "I've been watching you practice Jessica and I must say that I am pretty impressed with you. So I've decided to give you a solo part in the routine because I think you truly deserve it." Mrs. Anderson told me. "Why thank you Mrs. Anderson. I promise I will not let you down." I said. "That's my girl." Mrs. Anderson replied and patted my shoulder. I was very tired so I just collapsed onto one of the benches. That was one intense practice. But on the other hand, I was happy that I've earned a solo part in the routine. "Are you ok? You look winded. Here, maybe this might help." Cody said as he handed me a bottle of water. "Thanks." I said to him and took it. I opened and drank from it. "So why did Mrs. Anderson call you just now?" Cody asked as he sat down next to me. "Nothing much actually. She just complimented me on my skills. She even decided to give me a solo part for our routine." "Well, that's awesome. You are a very skilled cheerleader Jess. You totally deserved it." Cody congratulated me. "Thanks Cody. I'm not really that skillful. There are so many other cheerleaders out there who are way better than me." I said. "Are you kidding me? You're one of the best cheerleaders I've ever seen. You have such raw talent. Your moves are all perfection. You on par with the best Jess. Trust me. I've seen everything." Cody said. "You.... noticed me during practice?" I asked. "Yeah I do. You're my friend. Of course I'll notice you." Cody said and I smiled. It's great to have a friend like Cody. I know now how stupid I was to push him away. After our talk, we went back to practice. After practice, Cody and I went to pick his brother up. As soon as we reached the school, Cody told me: "How about you wait here in the car while I go get my brother." I agreed. And off he went. I waited patiently for him to return. I can't wait to see his brother. Hopefully he is as nice as Cody is.