CHAPTER 3

Jessica's POV:

I took in a deep breath and entered the gates. Wow this school was huge! It was way bigger than my previous school. No wonder all the rich kids go here. I made my way to the main hallway with not much difficulty. I stood in the midst of the hallway in complete awe. It was even better than I imagined it to be. The hall was full of students walking around. I had to check in at the office before school started. But I didn't know where the office was. But the biggest problem was I hardly knew anyone hear. So I stood where I was totally confused of what to do. Until a girl approached me. "Hi. I haven't seen you around. You must be new hear." She said. "Yeah. I just moved here. I'm Jessica." I said. "Nice to meet you Jessica. I'm Chloe." The girl said and extended her hand and I gladly accepted it. "Welcome to Pacific High." Chloe added. "Thanks." I replied. "I see that you seem a little lost. Would you like some help?" Chloe asked. "Um yeah. I need to check in at the office but I don't know where it is." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly. "No problem. I'll show you the way." Chloe said and lead me to the office. "Thank you so much. Do you mind by waiting outside? I might need some help throughout the day." I asked shyly. "Sure no problem. Besides, the bell has rang yet. I'll wait outside." Chloe said and I nodded. So I stepped into the office. As soon as I stepped in, I saw a clerk seated at her place typing away on her computer. "Excuse me." I said to get her attention. "Yes? How may I help you?" She asked politely. "I'm new here. And I was told that I need to check in at the office." "One second sweetheart." The clerk said and checked something on the computer. "Ah, you must be the new student Jessica Williams?" She asked. I just nodded. "Ok, so here's your schedule. The principal is waiting for you in her office. Welcome to Pacific High darling. You may call me Margret." The clerk said. "Thank you." I said to Margret with a smile. I made my way to the principal's room. Before entering I knocked the door. "Come in." A voice said and so I went. "Good morning Madam." I said. "I am Jessica Williams the new student." I introduced myself. "Ah, yes. Jessica. I was waiting for you." The principal said. "My name is Mrs. Higgins." She said. "Please do take a seat." And I sat. Mrs. Higgins gave me a brief about the school's history as well as all the school rules. As soon as she was done, she shook my hand and said. "Welcome to Pacific High Miss Williams. I hope you have a good first day here. And feel free to ask anything to our students here if you need help." She said. "I sure will Mrs. Higgins." I said and walked out to see Chloe still waiting for me. "How did it go?" She asked me as I came out. "It went well." I replied. "That's great. Can I have a look at your schedule?" She asked. "Sure." I said and handed it to her. "That's great. Lucky for you, you have the same schedule as me. So we have all our classes together." She said and I beamed happily. "Let's go shall we?" She said and I nodded. First of all we stopped by at my new locker to put away my stuff. Then, we headed for our first class which happened to be Geography. I sat next to Chloe as I hardly knew anyone here except for her. She didn't object as she understood how I felt. She kept assuring me that I would make new friends eventually. While we were talking, the teacher entered. He introduced himself as Mr. Joe. "And now class," he began getting the class's attention. "We have a new student. I would like her to come and introduce herself to the class." And so I stood up and made my way to the front of the class. "Hello everyone! My name is Jessica Williams and I'm new around here." I said. "Welcome to Pacific High Jessica." Mr. Joe said and the whole class clapped as a sign of welcoming me. "You may go back to your seat." He said. I went back to my seat and Mr. Joe began the lesson for today. I paid attention to every single thing he said knowing that my first day of school wouldn't turn out to be so bad after all.