CHAPTER 30

Jessica's POV:

The game was about to begin any moment now. I watched as both team were making away out into the field. I saw Cody and he was looking at me. Our eyes met for a brief second and I looked away not wanting to meet his gaze. The game began. Throughout the game, I noticed that every now and then Cody was searching for me and staring at me whenever he could get the chance. But for some reason, he seemed distracted and off guard. I wonder why. But I realized that it was none of my business. At the beginning of the second half of the game, both teams were roughly fighting to get the ball. Then I heard a crash and I saw a helmet flying. I then knew that somebody had been injured. I decided to take a closer look so I went onto the field. Kayla pulled me back and said: "You can't go there.It's dangerous." But I told her that I'd be fine and there was nothing for her to worry about. She was a little hesitant but she let me go anyways. I went closer and looked at the number that was on the helmet. It was number 1. Oh my gosh it was Cody! Without hesitation I ran toward the middle of the field where the players were all gathered around with an injured Cody. Immediately I was given some space so I dropped down and begun to shake him. "Cody, Cody, are you alright?" I asked him. His eyes met mine and he replied. "I'm fine now that you're hear." He was starting to feel light headed. "Cody, Cody stay with me. You're gonna be fine. Hear that? YOU ARE GONNA BE FINE." I told him. But he fainted. Then coach came behind me and said: "Move out of the way Jessica. We need to take Cody to the hospital ASAP!" "Sir, you've gotta let me go to the hospital with him. His parents are abroad and I'm the only one who can help him right now." I pleaded with him. "Ok then. Jessica you go with Cody and keep me updated with his condition you got it?" Coach said. "Yes sir." Minutes before the ambulance arrived, I went in and grabbed all my belongings as fast as I could. When I came back out, the ambulance arrived and they were putting Cody onto a stretcher. I followed him all the way in the hospital I lied to the staff that he was my twin brother so that they would allow me to enter. I waited patiently for the doctors to tell me his condition. A while later, the doctor arrived and told me that Cody had only a slight concussion and that he just needed complete rest for a day or two then he should be back to normal. He also said that the main cause of Cody's injury was lack of sleep. So he told me to ensure that Cody has enough sleep. I nodded and the doctor said that I could bring him home tonight. I immediately called Caroline and told her the whole incident. I told her not to worry and it was only something minor. "I'll stay with him and look after him until he gets better. You focus on work there Caroline. I'll keep you updated on his condition everyday." I promised her. "Thanks Jess. I'm glad we have you there." Caroline said gratefully. We talked for a few more minutes and I ended the call. Then I decided to go in and see Cody. Before entering, I let out a huge sigh of relief that I was holding in for so long. Thank God Cody is alright. I don't know what I would have done is something happened to him.