Day 22

Day 22

January 23

So it seems the mermaid I was looking at a while ago was there. She seems to be doing so much better. I was really scared for her. Since she seems so calm and gentle. And she spent most the time with me as I floated in the water with her. The others kind of ignored me though so I just ignored them as well. I think the one I was spending time with me was a youngling or something like that.

Younglings really don't like spending time away from a group or older mermaids.

For a few minutes we spent time with them holding me as we looked around the tank. I knew that she didn't like how small it was, I could tell by her face. Hell I didn't like how small it was either but thankfully it's a temporary solution. Wish I could tell her that everything was going to be alright but I can't speak. And even if I could, I can't speak my own language anymore. Her throaty barky noises proved that.

Weird how my kind sort of sound like seals.

We left after an hour of spending time with them. They wee upset but I tried to make it clear that I was coming back. Not sure that they believed me or not. Kind of afraid that they didn't believe me.

When I went home, I found Chiyaru was sleeping on my couch. Since he looked exhausted I just went to my bedroom and played with Ms Flufflebottom. She really likes these feathers on a stick string thingy and man she is super energetic. Especially for a fat cat like herself. We spent most of the time doing this until Chiyaru woke up. He asked me if I had a fun time with the merfolk. I signed that I did and told him about the one who stuck close to me.

And he jumped to the conclusion that they were young too. Also suggested that maybe she might of  had a crush on me. Or possibly had just wanted to keep me as a pet. Well if she knew I wasn't human she wouldn't. But yeah the pet theory was definitely valid since most of us do like to think of humans as pets. Kind of like how they seem to view us at times. Despite not really completely acting like animals.

So anyway he said that he has something important to tell me. Oh and he said he's going to help me get a job so I have something to do during the day. As well as extra money too. Extra money is always a good thing but I hope the job I get won't be too boring or annoying. Or too stressful either. Let's hope I can get one at the same place that Daiyu works. She could drive me to work with her and we could possibly leave at the same time. It'd be awesome!

We're going to be talking about this after dinner. He seems pretty nervous and I'm worried about why. Did he try to look for my family again? Oh fuck if he's looking for them and realizes they don't actually exist I'm in trouble. He'll be wondering why I lied to him and just why exactly don't I have a 'family'.

Please oh please let Chiyaru just have some other news. I really don't want him to be disappointed in me. Him being disappointed in me would be really be...well...sad.

I'll write more later. Hopefully this is good news.

Hopefully.

Olwen.

Edit: Uhhhhh...I...I'm now legally adopted. Daiyu was right that Chiyaru wanted to adopt me. I've got a 49 year old nurse as a father now. He was hugging me really tight earlier. And he told me that he's not going to move in. Not unless I want him to move in with me. But I'm not sure if I do just yet. This is so wonderful but confusing at the same time. I can hardly believe he adopted me. So I signed why he did this and he looked at me like he couldn't believe I was asking that. Chiyaru told me that he adopted me because he cared about me. That he wanted me to have some family that cared about me.

"I just think you deserve a loving family. Lots of people do and I want to be apart of yours."

I started crying after that, man I'm such a guppy. Daiyu came in just a few minutes ago and Chiyaru is telling her all about it. She sounds like she's proud of him for doing this. I think she wants to hug me. Oh wow. I can hardly believe this happened. Ms Flufflebottom is curled up on my lap right now. She's purring but I think she's trying to comfort me.

Well kitty, kitty nothing bad has happened. I'm so happy! I can't believe he did this for me. I'm going to have to tell Eloni and Scruffle when I see them next. They'll be so excited for me!

Write more tomorrow.

Olwen.