Day 73

Day 73

March 14

I'm working on ways to keep myself busy these few days. Other than taking care of Dad along with Ms Flufflebottom, I haven't done much. Like I've visited the merfolks. They have been doing beautifully by the way. Dad likes how they're responding to his movements. And at how they watch him so intently. Ariel swam up to us with this elated look on her face. Sure she was a little confused when she saw Dad. But she warmed up to her when she saw that he brought fish. These really tasty thingies that smell really lovely. I forget what kind of fish it was but I know I hardly ever got to eat it. Mostly because bigger merfolks than I always got it first.

Ariel was really interested in eating it slowly and hiding it too. In this little hollowed out rock near the filter of the tank. Just like any smart mermaid that would do. We shove things into little places that we feel most safe in. Mostly secret caves that we only know the entrances to,along with our friends and family. And we know the best foods to sneak as well. I once managed to sneak food away from humans on a boat too. It was this thingy that were called umm "chips". Anyway. Ariel played with Dad for a while. As a few of the older ones watched a little, then played with aquarium workers. We stuck around just for a few hours. Then we left to have dinner.

Dad made this stuff with these weird thingies called umm...'chickpeas'. I think that's what Dad called them. Daiyu didn't eat with us because she's going out with our co-workers tonight. Said that she's going to be back sometime after midnight. Also that she might not be going to work tomorrow because of it.

I'm guessing it's safe to bet she'll be needing some medication later. Dad's sleeping on the couch now and I managed to pull my quilt onto him. I'm in my bedroom with Ms Flufflebottom and we're playing with feathers. Feathers are so nice on my skin. I used to play with them back when I was a merman. Just for a little while at least. Couldn't take them underwater with me to play. They got too gross and I'd have to just toss them. Which sucked because I really liked them.

Ms Flufflebottom likes the red colored ones as well as yellow. I kind of like these green ones that I bought yesterday. Green isn't my favorite color but green colored feathers are wonderful. I kind of wish that I could have found pink or purple ones. Scruffle said that they exist but I'm not sure where he's bought his.

Eloni isn't too sure. He and Nalin aren't too interested in feathers though. I don't think they really like birds too much. Probably because birds are noisy to them. But I adore them. They move through the air as beautifully as we mermaids do through water. I just wish I could keep at least one bird. But something tells me that Ms Flufflebottom would just devour whatever bird I got myself.

Not going to be doing much else tonight. Probably watch a movie with Dad after he's done with his nap. Maybe play a few games too. So I'm going to be just playing with feathers with Ms Flufflebottom until that time.

Write more later.

Olwen.