Day 58

Day 58

February 27

We've been busy for the past few days. Dad's come around so tired that he's fallen asleep a few times on my couch. I have to wake him up when he does so he isn't late for work. He's been so stressed that he hardly even eats anymore. So worried that he isn't eating right so I've made him food boxes. Since Dad does get a dinner break at midnight.

Daiyu has also been worried about him as well and has fixed his clothes. It seems those people he's been taking care of haven't healed well. That's not good for them either. I hope that they heal soon. Being in the hospital is no fun for anyone. Even if the staff is nice, the food is disgusting.

Oh...I should mention my situation eh?

I scheduled another appointment with my doctor. My doctor says that my lower half is still too weak. That even with physical therapy I wouldn't improve. So I'm basically going to be using my wheelchair for quite possibly the rest of my life. Well. Using a wheelchair isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. After all humans haven't really treated me different than usual. Well a few have but then again there's always assholes who do. And I haven't had really any issues getting places.

So being in my chair is fine with me.

I probably should speak of the merfolks now. After all they drive me even more than my year limit of being human. Can't exactly forget where I came from or my friends either.

Fiyora being a big reason to worry.

She's been sending messages through the Seawitch lately. And she's been doing very well. Despite the odd occurances that have happened in my old home. So far there have been no brutally unnecessary deaths or any dead humans in the water. The Seawitch has worried that she'll become caught with my other friends. I doubt that. Fiyora is really good at escaping traps, dodging predators and catching prey.

No one will catch her. No one.

I can't visit her though. Not yet anyway. Daiyu said she'd get me a different kind of chair that'll help me go down to the shoreline. But it was going to take a few weeks to get here.

Got enough patience to wait for it.

Though I really, really, really want to see Fiyora though. I've missed her lots since I've become human. Yes I know I've said that before but I really mean it. She's been my friend since I was hatched. Fiyora has stuck with me even when our old family died years ago. We've depended on each other for so very long. I can't leave her behind forever.

Wish I could convince her to become human though. That way we would be closer than ever. Though I don't know what she would be able to give up just to become human with me. Or if she would be willing to do so either. It does come at a pretty steep price.

It wouldn't be fair to make her do this just to have her around either.

I am going to be meeting with the Seawitch tomorrow after work. He says that he needs to ask me about something important. It isn't about me, my legs or possible year-long of being human. That it was something else that is just as pressing.

Wonder what he's up to,I'm going to guess that it is of grave importance. I should take this much more seriously. After all he wouldn't dare comm me just for something frivolous. At least I don't think he would be childish enough to do so.

Anyway I'm going to have to wait and see. For now I'm going to feed Ms Flufflebottom. Then I'll make myself a sandwich or something and watch some boring tv. Might read a book too.

Write more later.

Olwen.