Aaron Judge

Requested

"Aaron, where are you?" I mumbled to myself as I rocked our two month old daughter back to sleep as she was screaming her head off. I heard the front door close and footsteps approach the nursery.

"Here let me take her." He said and I could tell he had a long day at the stadium and I wanted to say no, but I desperately needed a break. I handed her over to him and went downstairs to the kitchen and got out a wine glass and poured myself a glass and went into the living room and turned on the TV and waited for Aaron to come down and join me. 

"Wine?" He asked as he sat down, now changed and showered. "Mhm, it's been a long day." I said as I finished it off. "Ha, you think staying home all day is a long day? Just try being in my shoes." He snapped back. I looked at him with disgust. 

"You're never home,  you wouldn't know how your daughter acts when you're not here." I said getting up and going into the kitchen to pour myself another glass. "What do you mean? I'm always home." He said following me. 

"You're not Aaron and I understand because it's your job. But don't go the stadium early when you don't need to. Take that extra time to be with us. Me and your daughter. Our daughter who only likes it when you hold her and put her to sleep. Even on off days you're off doing something. What about us? Why don't we get any part of you too?" I asked. 

"I have to do all these things. It's part of being a rookie and it's part of the job. Why are you just voicing this now?" He asked. "Because you also have a daughter that you need to think about and not just me." I said walking back into the living trying to make this bigger than it needs to be. 

"Stop walking away from me." He said as he stood in front of me. "I'm walking away because I don't want this continue or grow bigger where we're screaming at each other and she wakes up Aaron. I understand that it's your job but it just sucks okay?" I said and he sighed and went up to our room. 

I sighed and whispered to myself, "What ever happened to us?" I downed the wine and shut the TV off and went upstairs and climbed into bed with him but neither one of us facing each other. "I still love you Aaron. I always will." 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed it!