Cody Bellinger

FOR JORDAN

"Jordy, I don't understand how you think it's okay for Belle to go out on a date tonight. She's only 17!" Cody said as he paced in our bedroom. "Yes Cody, she's 17, so what?" I said and I went through my phone. "She's not going on this date and that's final." He said as he stormed out of the room and I sighed. 

There is no getting through to Cody when he's mad and we all just have to accept it. "Mom, is dad really serious, I can't go on this date?" She said as she came and sat next to me. "You know how your dad is. But, it's okay. I have a plan." I said and my daughter smiled at me. 

"We're gonna set up a date in the back yard when he has a game and then you'll be done by the time he's home and he'll never have to know." I said. "But where will you be?" She asked. "I'll be cooking for you and then when I'm done, I'll retreat to here and leave you two alone." 

"You're the best mom." She said and hugged me and left the room. "Are you sure you don't want to come to the game tonight?" Cody asked he came back into the bedroom. "We've gone the past three nights, it's a chill night. I'll be watching." I said and he leaned down and kissed me. 

"I love you so much. I'll see you tonight." He said and with that he left. I got up and started getting ready for the date. "Sweetie you look so pretty." I said as Belle came downstairs in a simple dress with minimal makeup, my kind of girl. "What are we having?" She asked. 

"Chicken Parm. Go on and wait for him, he should be here soon." I said shooing her out of the kitchen. "Belle, love dinner is ready." I said bringing the food outside for the two of them. "I hope you two enjoy, have a good night." I said before retreating into the kitchen and cleaning up before going upstairs and watching the game. 

The Dodgers ended up winning and I honestly lost track of time because the next thing I know I hear Cody's loud voice from downstairs. I got up and went straight downstairs to see Belle in tears and the boy nowhere to be found. 

"You disobeyed me Jordan, how could you?!" He screamed at me. "I'm sorry, but I'm okay with our daughter dating. I was 17 when I first met you Cody, didn't you ever think of that?" He was fuming mad. 

"That's different." He said. "No it's not, Belle go to your room please, me and your father need to have a talk." I said and she nodded and went to her room. "My dad did the same thing to me when you and I started dating, and yet here we are. What if that's the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with Cody? Why are you stopping her?" I asked and we both sat down on the couch. 

"That's my little girl. I really don't want her to grow up and it angers me to know where we ended up and I don't want to think of her like that yet. I just see so much of me in that boy, I don't want her hurt because I know I hurt you once I don't want to see her go through that." 

"Cody, it's all going to be okay, he's really nice. He's not going to hurt Belle, if he does you have my blessing to call him out on it okay?" I asked and he nodded. "I'm sorry I screamed at you, I was just so mad." He said and he gave me a hug. "It's okay, I still love you." I said giving him a kiss. "I love you too."